Bono Rolling Stone interview ZOO TV era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll never get tired 90s Bono interviews, so brilliant, his speeches were so much better then as well.:drool::drool:

Good interview but it made me cringe a bit when he describes the Sinatra charity tables costing $20,000 and then saying they got in free :huh:

That Sarajevo link really was like throwing a heavy dose of cold water in the stadium,it seems.

Understand now why Larry didn't like it.

I like this guy...

I never saw this interview before, thanls for posting

the best U2 era! thanks for the link.

Definitely, I was 18 and saw 15 U2 shows that year all over Europe, best U2 era ever. It's hard to imagine now, just how thrilling those shows and that time was, nothing seemed impossible for them.

i die a little inside every time someone talks about seeing ZooTV.

Good interview, though while I was watching it Ben Stiller's parody kept on popping up in my head :wink:

I'm still undecided on whether those transmissions from Sarajevo were a good idea.

"if we don't show it, who will?"

"if we don't show it, who will?"

It obviously depends on your own interpretation, but for me, this is where it really became self-parody. U2 were making a point of the media overexposure of war and other tragedies that people in developed countries can't even imagine. Yet there they were, exposing Bosnian people in a way that completely left them as deer in headlights. A terribly misguided tour that should be stricken from the records. [/axver]

Okay, it's not that bad, but I still think it was a lame idea.

I wish it was still 1993.

The tour was superb but I am happy to be in 2010. Think of it this way - if we were back then the next album you would be getting would be Passengers whereas now I think we will be getting something better.

It obviously depends on your own interpretation, but for me, this is where it really became self-parody. U2 were making a point of the media overexposure of war and other tragedies that people in developed countries can't even imagine. Yet there they were, exposing Bosnian people in a way that completely left them as deer in headlights. A terribly misguided tour that should be stricken from the records. [/axver]

Okay, it's not that bad, but I still think it was a lame idea.

:lol: :up: fair's fair.

you know in an essay in English discussing encountering conflict i wrote an entire page and a half on U2 and ZooTV, "fuck the revolution", Peace on Earth etc, and I got 100% for it.

i saw ZooTV in person. i know this has been questioned before, so i just want you all to know that i'm being honest. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom