Bono On The Daily Show - 11.30.11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another trainwreck of a thread. Boys, please do something so we can talk about it!!:lol:

do you not think it would of been better doing it the year before when they actually had a new album to promote? That actually needed promoting badly in the uk as the album floped massively.

Nope. It's called Promotions. Better to do Glasto a few months before the album is out rather than a year and a bit. I know how marketing works. I studied it at A level and as an undergraduate. U2 are a business. They've even registered the band as a private limited company. Most musicians are registered as a brand under their record company.

The best thing for Jon Stewart was to ask about the AIDS campaign rather than asking about Bono. But then The Daily Show satirical show. He's a good interviewer though, unlike Zane Lowe. The Daily Show is a bit too left wing for my liking. If Bono went on a show like Question Time, that would be interesting. Can you get Question Time on BBC America? It's a topical news show whereby politicians from both sides of the British parliament answer questions about all the major news stories of the week from a live audience. There's always a lively debate and usually someone from outside politics. Two weeks ago they had the founder of Wikipedia and the CEO of Sainsburys.

I once saw John Stewart walk into a men's room, but it must've been to snort cocaine because there's no way he could pee. Jews get circumcised, which means they cut off their penis. I got a B+ in 10th grade health class, so there's no convincing me otherwise. Bono was rubbing the whole penis thing in by talking about his sexual function. Sorry, I had to stop typing for a second because the wall was looking at me strange. Bono was afraid Jon was going to ask more details about the back surgery, so he subtly brought up the penis thing to keep Jon quiet. This is obvious when you look at the fact that U2 are really U2, LLC ("Looks Like Cock"), while Stewart's show is The Daily Show, TM ("Tiny Manhood"). If American TV wasn't so prudish, he would have shown the picture of Adam from the Achtung Baby cover to both stuff Jon's questions and promote the Achtung Baby remaster. That's how my neighbor would market the album.

I once saw John Stewart walk into a men's room, but it must've been to snort cocaine because there's no way he could pee. Jews get circumcised, which means they cut off their penis. I got a B+ in 10th grade health class, so there's no convincing me otherwise. Bono was rubbing the whole penis thing in by talking about his sexual function. Sorry, I had to stop typing for a second because the wall was looking at me strange. Bono was afraid Jon was going to ask more details about the back surgery, so he subtly brought up the penis thing to keep Jon quiet. This is obvious when you look at the fact that U2 are really U2, LLC ("Looks Like Cock"), while Stewart's show is The Daily Show, TM ("Tiny Manhood"). If American TV wasn't so prudish, he would have shown the picture of Adam from the Achtung Baby cover to both stuff Jon's questions and promote the Achtung Baby remaster. That's how my neighbor would market the album.

I think I love you

I've performed back surgeries having stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, and that was no back surgery. He had his feet enlarged. He's talked about hating the size of his feet.....

Don't they break your leg bones in china and then stretch your legs in a cast to make them taller?

Bono has always complained about being short. He probably wanted to add a few inches to his.. size. :wink:

:love:

Cactus Annie said:
Nope. It's called Promotions. Better to do Glasto a few months before the album is out rather than a year and a bit. I know how marketing works. I studied it at A level and as an undergraduate. U2 are a business. They've even registered the band as a private limited company. Most musicians are registered as a brand under their record company.

What about the fact that nobody in the world gives a toss about an actung baby reissue apart from us hardcore fans.

Do you really think that the band would put that much effort into a re issue that they know is going to sell next to nothing?

If glastonbury was a promotion for the re issue it didnt work i think the re issue went in at number 38 then dropped out of the top 100 in its 2nd week.

If there was finanical gain in your point id see where you are coming from but their isnt.

Ill say it again all the re issues have done really badly we are the only people that buy them why would u2 change all their plans for the achtung baby one?

If you have done all these a levels courses then you would know how much it would cost to reschedule a tour and it would easily out weigh any profits from a reissue

So why would they do it theres no reason?

omg. :giggle:

I wish Bono would rob a bank. :rockon:

While singing Acrobat.
:lol:

:lmao:

No I reckon the medical procedure at the health clinic was always meant to occur last tear so that the band could reschedule the tour and Glastonbury to coincide with the re-release of AB. No one will convince me otherwise. Never

I am sure that there are many U2 fans that take whatever they say at face value. That is fine. I am just with Annie on this one. I really thought it was 'fishy' that the tickets for the 2010 American tour went on sale and then it was postponed. As much As I love U2 I find it difficult to accept that one back could de-rail an entire tour. With hundreds of people working for the 360 tour. I belive in golf they call it a 'mulligan'. I am not complaining because 2011 was great and I had no doubts that they wouldn't make the dates, but the delay was long and suspicious.

canedge said:
As much As I love U2 I find it difficult to accept that one back could de-rail an entire tour. With hundreds of people working for the 360 tour.

Oh my god am you being serious. The one back we are talking about is bonos back, what did you want them to do bring a sub on to replace him

.im sorry but the tour does get canceled when anything happens to the 4 members of the band

Your putting the band in the same bracket as the roadies.all the roadcrew could fall ill you know what they would do just bring a whole new crew in.

The band cannot be replaced.

When that one back belongs to the main person on the whole tour who cannot replaced well im sorry that can derail the tour.

What a Stupid comment to make im shocked that anyone would think that the tour could go on without bono. Its only bonos back what would you have them do wheel him out on a wheel chair?

Madness

canedge said:
I really thought it was 'fishy' that the tickets for the 2010 American tour went on sale and then it was postponed.

Well they sold over a million tickets for those dates whats fishy about having to postpone them and having to pay thousands of pounds back in refunds? Why would they do that?

These theorys are complete and utter madness

One is they canceled the tour so they could play glastonbury to co inside with a re issue

A gig that they get paid next to nothing for and a re issue that nobody gives a
Damn about that barely sells a few thousand copies.its really important isnt it.

Somebody saying that one back cant derail a tour WTF its bonos back the
main guy on the tour what should the band of done carried on and done instrumental gigs?

The same person saying it was fishy that they postponed the usa leg when all the tickets more or less had sold out. Why would they if not for a good reason i wonder how much money they lost with giving refunds.

Were have these theorys come from?did somebody dream them up?

tumblr_li895mWkyk1qdxiz8o1_250.gif

This thread. :drool: :heart:

canedge said:
I am sure that there are many U2 fans that take whatever they say at face value. That is fine. I am just with Annie on this one. I really thought it was 'fishy' that the tickets for the 2010 American tour went on sale and then it was postponed. As much As I love U2 I find it difficult to accept that one back could de-rail an entire tour. With hundreds of people working for the 360 tour. I belive in golf they call it a 'mulligan'. I am not complaining because 2011 was great and I had no doubts that they wouldn't make the dates, but the delay was long and suspicious.

Tinfoil hats to the right please.

Well they sold over a million tickets for those dates whats fishy about having to postpone them and having to pay thousands of pounds back in refunds? Why would they do that?

What percentage of tickets were returned? 5% or 15%?

Tell me. Is it plausable that these things could occur?

Well, If I was a white collar criminal, which I am not, I would take that coin and charge large short term interest.

Look at the recent headlines regarding Bono's investments.

U2's Bono in line for Facebook cash windfall - Business News, Business - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

It is plausable that while we waited 18 months for a second North American leg some people in the camp cold have made 'year long' investments that could offer big returns. There is no basis in fact for these hunches. Just speculation.

In fact, just when the second North American leg was announced was November 2009. Same month as the article references as the purchase.

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in all my life. Holy shit! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

canedge said:
I realize that some posters will question my sanity. But humour me. How long does it take for backs to heal?

Oh that happened a long time ago my friend.

This procedure? Fairly quickly compared to most back surgeries.

I realize that some posters will question my sanity. But humour me. How long does it take for backs to heal?

You realize that Bono was paralyzed, right? That the disk fragments were damaging his nerves and he couldn't walk? I don't think he did that on purpose to promote a re-release of a 20-year-old album or for any other reason. I can't believe this is even being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom