Bono on american idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
According to some reports all be it just a question asked to j-lo who is leaving the show.she was asked who should replace her and she said " bono , jagger or bon jovi"

Would bono do it? I really hope not i really dont want to see him on a show like that, it was bad enough when he went on it to promote the spideman musical.

no.jpg

1. who cares
2. who cares what j-lo says, she's not the one making the decision
3. people need to think this through.

I hope not.

Bono would just be too nice in this type of setting. I cannot see him criticizing someone else's performance properly. Even if it was horrid, I'd predict more of a Paula Abdul-type of response, like "This program might not be the best choice for you right."

It worked well for Tyler as he's just crazy and Aerosmith was on a short hiatus. But given that U2 seem to be ramping things up, I can't see how this would work.

If U2 officially disband and that's it - little to no more music from all of them, then maybe, just maybe, this would be acceptable. But it seems these shows are well past their prime, so why bother?

Bon Jovi would do it, I'm sure.

Unless he can't do a show on Fox after selling his soul to NBC.

Maybe he could find inspiration on the show for LOTS OF HITS.

Seriously, at this point, something like this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Y'know it would be a lot of fun if he did it as The Fly or Macphisto persona. Basically taking the piss. Bono doing American Idol as Bono - fuck no.

lemonfly said:
Y'know it would be a lot of fun if he did it as The Fly or Macphisto persona. Basically taking the piss. Bono doing American Idol as Bono - fuck no.

MacPhisto on Idle would be glorious

I've independently verified with confirmed sources and confirmed with verified sources that Bono will not, in fact, be replacing J-Lo on American Idol.

Mods, you may close this thread.

Back
Top Bottom