Bono, Mick & Bruce on Cover of new Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got the issue in the mail an hour ago..

There was indeed a blurb about U2 going into a 2 week song writing sabbatical. There was also a blurb from Edge saying that when they return to the road in June they're going to definitely mix up the setlist.

The article on the rock and roll hall of fame show was awesome and there's tons of great pics in it.

I'll go ahead and put that short article here too:

U2 Begin Horizon Follow Up

On six-month break from 360Tour, Bono and the Edge start work on next album

On the horizon U2 have a six-month break before the next leg of the 360 tour kicks off - but it looks like they'll spend it hard at work. After a free gig at the site of the Berlin Wall, Bono and The Edge headed to the South of France for a 2 week songwriting session. "We've been playing really well on tour and getting better and better, and we need to distill whatever we have into some songs," says Bono. The band is still debating whether the next record will consist of songs from the NLOTH sessions - the unfinished album known as Songs of Ascent - or an entirely new set of tunes. Says Bono, "I would like to put out an album quickly, but we're only going to do it if it's great."

Beautiful Day - The final U.S. show at Pasadena's Rose Bowl drew 97,014 fans - and more than 10 million others from 188 nations watched on You Tube, which hosted a free stream of the concert (it will eventually be released on DVD.) "We started with the idea of going back to Morocco and performing No Line on the Horizon in sequence for You Tube," says bassist Adam Clayton. "But we ran out of time to rehearse that."

Back in the USA - In 2010, U2 will play 9 US shows, beginning June 6th in Anaheim California. "Because of the You Tube broadcast, I can't imagine we'd come back with the exact same show," says the Edge. "We'll want to develop and adapt it. The next time people see us, there will be new things to show."

We need a pic in the thread!

30840668.jpg

There... much better :)

Bruce looks like he's holding that corpse

Reminds me of Weekend at Bernie's

Back
Top Bottom