Bono is 50! and old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
happybdaybonoold.jpg

Introducing U2 frontman Albus Dumbledore.

Happy Birthday Bono!!! May you have a wonderful, adventurous, and healthy year!!!
Look forward to seeing you on the 360 tour!!!

My little poem to the man himself

An Ode To A Fifty-Year Old Married Man

O bon anniversaire dear Bono
Fifty years old today
May your fans sing to you like Monroe
Seducing your man JFK

On record, in print, on stages
Your words douse, your voice lights your fans’ fire
Wild influence across all my ages
You arouse, you ignite, you inspire

So bon anniversaire dear Bono
Fifty years old today
May the hangover you have tomorrow
Alchemise to another Grammay

Yeah, I'm actually curious as to what the questions were for his Jeopardy category.

Oh, and Happy 50th to the geezer.

I was going to make an inappropriate joke here about...something. But I've decided against it.

Yeah, I'm actually curious as to what the questions were for his Jeopardy category.

Oh, and Happy 50th to the geezer.

I was going to make an inappropriate joke here about...something. But I've decided against it.

Just going off memory here, but I think all of the questions concerned honors or awards he has won or been nominated for. (It was also the first category chosen by a contestant)

Which Nobel Prize has he been nominated for? (I think they said three times)
What honor granted from the UK?
Which city awarded him the Liberty Medal?
What was he awarded by France in 2003?

Darn, can't remember the other one. I recorded it, I could always go back and check the exact questions...

Ok here you go...

A Pro Bono Category

$200 - Queen Elizabeth made Bono an honorary one of these in 2006. (He's Irish, though, so you don't have to call him "Sir".)

$400 - He hasn't won, but U2 frontman Bono has received 3 nominations for the Nobel Prize for this.

$600 - At a 2007 ceremony at the National Constitution Center, Bono received this US city's Liberty Medal.

$800 - Republican Senator Rick Santorum once said, "Bono understands his issues better than 99% of members of" this.

$1000 - French President Jacques Chirac made Bono a Chevalier of this "Legion" in 2003.

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom