Bono injured in cycling accident Part 2 glad Leo wasn't riding Tandem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if the bike will someday end up in the Rock & Roll HOF.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the bike will someday end up in the Rock & Roll HOF.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

No, but my sources say to expect bicycles with headlights hanging from the ceiling being used as spotlights this tour. Sounds very experimental.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Update of sorts on Bono's condition:

Despite the injuries from his bike accident, Bono was in high spirits last week when he surprised fellow diners at Dublin 4 restaurant Belluccis when he spontaneously belted out his lines from the charity single Do They Know It's Christmas while the Band Aid song was playing.

http://www.independent.ie/entertain...omecoming-for-u2-at-end-of-tour-30804929.html

Sent from my ass crack

Despite the injuries from his bike accident, Bono was in high spirits last week when he surprised fellow diners at Dublin 4 restaurant Belluccis when he spontaneously belted out his lines from the charity single Do They Know It's Christmas while the Band Aid song was playing.

An intimate sort of homecoming for U2 at end of tour - Independent.ie

I don't believe it.
I mean, how would they manage to get all the hospital equipment into the restaurant?

I don't make the news..just reporting it.

Having said that, I'm skeptical myself. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words and if Bono is in fact attending restaurants in the condition Edge described him he'd either be in a wheelchair or heavily assisted..and I can't see people being able to resist snapping a pic or two..that photo would be worth more like a million bucks lol

Sent from my ass crack

An intimate sort of homecoming for U2 at end of tour - Independent.ie

Sent from my ass crack

He probably hasn't gotten out to the grocery store lately because of his coma, and Leo was hungry, so he had to rouse himself long enough to take the kid out for dinner. That's my guess.

I don't make the news..just reporting it.
Having said that, I'm skeptical myself. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words and if Bono is in fact attending restaurants in the condition Edge described him he'd either be in a wheelchair or heavily assisted..and I can't see people being able to resist snapping a pic or two..that photo would be worth more like a million bucks lol

/QUOTE]
This. Didn't Edge say a few days ago that Bono basically couldn't move for the next few months? Anyway, glad to hear B is recovering and in good spirits.

Didn't Edge say a few days ago that Bono basically couldn't move for the next few months? Anyway, glad to hear B is recovering and in good spirits.

Bono may not be able to move, but there's nothing stopping his bed being moved to the restaurant of his choice....:wink:

This. Didn't Edge say a few days ago that Bono basically couldn't move for the next few months? Anyway, glad to hear B is recovering and in good spirits.

I dunno, it happened three weeks ago today, and the elbow and finger have been repaired. Just have to wait for the bone to regrow. After seeing this, I googled 'fractured scapula,' and it sounds like as long as it's not displaced, they don't really do anything with it, you just have to take it easy and not put stress on it, no lifting, that sort of thing. I don't think he'd be confined to bed because of it, or anything.

I think it's the coma that is the real problem, here. And what to do with Leo.

Laughing out loud at VintagePunk's posts :) What is the Leo joke about?

Leo is Bono's Chilean son, who was accidentally discovered a few weeks ago. He was little more than a street urchin for his young life, up to that point. He was whisked off to Dublin by private jet to sit by his comatose father's bedside, in the hope that the unspoken bond between father and son would help bring Bono around. To date, they've had one brief encounter where, by sheer force of will, Bono woke himself to take his starving son our for a meal (poor Leo hadn't eaten since he left Chile). Once his young son was fed, and he belted out a line of Do They Know It's Christmas for the other diners, Bono lapsed into his coma again, sapped of the little strength he had.

Right now, the main concern is Leo. Paul McGuinness has some time on his hands, so it's possible that he may step in and provide care for the duration of the coma. Guy O$eary sure as hell won't, that's for sure.

Leo is Bono's Chilean son, who was accidentally discovered a few weeks ago. He was little more than a street urchin for his young life, up to that point. He was whisked off to Dublin by private jet to sit by his comatose father's bedside, in the hope that the unspoken bond between father and son would help bring Bono around. To date, they've had one brief encounter where, by sheer force of will, Bono woke himself to take his starving son our for a meal (poor Leo hadn't eaten since he left Chile). Once his young son was fed, and he belted out a line of Do They Know It's Christmas for the other diners, Bono lapsed into his coma again, sapped of the little strength he had.

Right now, the main concern is Leo. Paul McGuinness has some time on his hands, so it's possible that he may step in and provide care for the duration of the coma. Guy O$eary sure as hell won't, that's for sure.

Dude, that dinner never happened. Can't be trusting the rumor mill - straight facts from the video creator here https://twitter.com/vetriu2/status/541646428188446720. Bono just discovered him today (when he woke from the coma - a very good friend was patiently waiting nearby with the YouTube video loaded on his iphone).

Back
Top Bottom