Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it was more than a lil boo-boo, you know, the kind that kids and fat people get riding their bikes. :rolleyes: Always pays to get all the facts before shooting ones mouth off :lol:

Sent from my ass crack

I hope his head wasn´t injuread at least! I bet he didn´t wear a helmet.

I bet he did! On the few pictures that were shown of him cycling in the past he always wore a helmet and rightfully so. Without a helmet, it could have been much worse, he could be in a coma right now.

Wow, that's a horrible list of injuries. On top of all of the physical pain, I'm sure he's probably the most frustrated and pissed off guy on the planet right now. Get well Bono.

On top of all of the physical pain, I'm sure he's probably the most pissed off guy on the planet right now. .

The best he could hope for is a close second...

e3014a5b3fa0e6e477f982328b85c634c089ed92f626b57bf1d2f5a8f04aa274.jpg

Yeah, Amsterdam is special with all them bloody tourists on bikes. :wink: Even Dutch people don't tend to bike there, unless you live there. But I've been riding a bike all my life, only been in one or two accidents along the way, which were when I was a kid. Helmets are starting to become sort of common for kids now, but for adults, still not really needed. The major difference is, I think, that we have special bike paths in most modern cities. You don't have to swerve in traffic with cars and buses, so it's less dangerous.

Clearly he was wearing a helmet.

The nature of the injury makes it seem as if he went head first off the bike. The force that would be needed to shatter his shoulder, and also drive the humorous down and out of the skin is great. That he also had facial fractures in the cheek area pretty much confirms it was head first, or at least shoulder first with the head also hitting the ground at a high level of force...

Frankly, by these injuries, if he wasn't wearing a helmet, we'd be having a completely different type of discussion right now.

Good that he'll be okay with time. I don't see anyway how this doesn't delay all north american promo work, as well as the tour.

If the rumors were true that they were starting in the states before moving to Europe, my guess is that the NA leg will be scrapped and rescheduled for later, and they'll start it at home with the European leg.

And yes, even though this is much more serious than first thought, jokes are still allowed.

How could you say that at a time like this?!?

I think you need to head down to the prayer circle.

:lol:

Also, shame on Fallon and Colbert for making jokes at a time such as this. Both shows, not to mention Interference, should have been shut down for the week, or at a minimum a ban on all humour.

You're a mod... can't you do something about all this rampant joking?

Clearly he was wearing a helmet.

The nature of the injury makes it seem as if he went head first off the bike. The force that would be needed to shatter his shoulder, and also drive the humorous down and out of the skin is great. That he also had facial fractures in the cheek area pretty much confirms it was head first, or at least shoulder first with the head also hitting the ground at a high level of force...

Frankly, by these injuries, if he wasn't wearing a helmet, we'd be having a completely different type of discussion.

That's one take I guess, but I'm not sure his head actually struck the ground (haven't read that yet anyways) he also could have hit his face on the handlebars, in which case helmet or not his face would get mashed. If he ever tells the story with all the specifics, which may not ever happen, I guess we'll know the exact sequence. He could have also hit an object like a tree bench light post whatever. The fact that he hit his face specifically in that spot seems pretty targeted not just a simple ground thing? I dunno

Sent from my ass crack

Open fracture of his arm, shoulder bone into pieces, operation including implantation of plates, I suppose recovery within months rather than weeks :sad:

hope you're all still laughing now you bunch of bastards

Gosh, if only I had responded with prayers and crying smileys instead of black humor, his injuries wouldn't have turned out to be so serious!

I really did wish him well in my head when I heard the news, but apparently if I don't express a thought on the internet, it doesn't exist. :sad:

Open fracture of his arm, shoulder bone into pieces, operation including implantation of plates, I suppose recovery within months rather than weeks :sad:

The good news is that the tour isn't supposed to begin until May. Bono doesn't even need to really be around for the early part of the rehearsals, which is just Edge, Adam, Larry and Terry working with the crew to get the music right. I hope that the tour can begin as planned, but if not I will live, I just hope he comes through alright, which is sounds like he will.

Realistically, I can't see the LA show happening. I also can't imagine them announcing a tour in the next couple weeks like I think they were planning to. I don't think we'll see an announcement until next year, when they know Bono will be able to do it or not. Not being negative Nelly, just seems like these are the facts.

Yeah, while he could obviously perform without the use of an arm (insert Bono's guitar playing joke here), if he's going to have limited range of motion maybe he'd prefer to wait until he's fully healed and can do all his Big Bono Gestures with his arms.

This was me last night reading about the details:

the bone ... tearing through his skin

ku-medium_zpsd26ba9af.gif

When I was 13 playing baseball, I saw this happen up close. I was the on deck batter, and there was a play at the plate after the ball had gone to the backstop, forcing the pitcher to cover the plate. I told the runner to slide (rightfully so), and he slid into the back of the pitcher's shin (unfortunately). He suffered a compound fracture of his fibula, which I had an up close view of. Not the most pleasant sight, and he ended up passing out from pain/shock.

Don't forget the facial fracture, it's not a small thing, he will look like heavily beaten up for a couple of weeks plus he's already having troubles with his eyes, so this could make it worse. I'm not so sure I want to see Bono on stage like that. Plus he'll clearly be in quite some pain for a while and taking pain killers all the time isn't exactly a very good thing, you get addicted to that stuff. He should just take his time to heal and to recover as well as possible before he gets back to his day job again.

Don't forget the facial fracture, it's not a small thing, he will look like heavily beaten up for a couple of weeks plus he's already having troubles with his eyes, so this could make it worse. I'm not so sure I want to see Bono on stage like that. Plus he'll clearly be in quite some pain for a while and taking pain killers all the time isn't exactly a very good thing, you get addicted to that stuff. He should just take his time to heal and to recover as well as possible before he gets back to his day job again.

Agree.

The way Bono emotes when he sings, all his facial muscles are involved, so it will be several months. I'm thinking 4, could be a few more or less. We'll know when we know. Just hoping the back is okay and there is no concussion. Those things can really mess w/ you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom