Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting creeper out by all of these Bono events that have so much in common with Interference memes... :uhoh:

I went to Upstairs Medical College and Bono will be out of commission for at least a year.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I'm not understanding the problem here.

Monday: Van Diemen's Land
Tuesday: Numb
Wednesday: Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long)
Thursday: Seconds
Friday: Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic)

Countdown to when the poster who is an orthopaedic surgeon from the back surgery days returns to give us a technical explanation. Clock starts...now!

Ohhh my God... I remember that.

:applaud:

It's time to break out the Mission Impossible Theme.

This is from Gawker.com: "Is Someone Trying to Kill Bono?"

"Just days after Bono narrowly escaped death in a malfunctioning private jet comes the news that Bono has been involved in a somewhat serious bicycle accident. Which begs the question, is this all a coincidence, or could Bono be in real danger?

Bono was "feeling lucky to be alive" after the Ireland to Germany flight last week, and somehow made it to the us this weekend for a scheduled week-long residency on the Tonight Show. But the band canceled Sunday, saying Bono had been involved in another mysterious accident.
It looks like we will have to do our Tonight Show residency another time - we're one man down. Bono has injured his arm in a cycling spill in Central Park and requires some surgery to repair it. We're sure he'll make a full recovery soon, so we'll be back! Much thanks to Jimmy Fallon and everyone at the show for their understanding.
Bono has yet to make a statement, which is uncharacteristic and troubling. Although he was reportedly unaware the jet's door had fallen off until after the plane had safely landed, two freak accidents in one week seems... suspicious.
Luckily, his tracks for the Band Aid Do They Know It's Christmas remake were already laid down. One hopes they are not his last."

Is Someone Trying to Kill Bono?

Poor Bono, hope he gets better soon. :| And it is also sad we're not gonna see their Fallon full week performances - I was hoping it would be a good test for the songs (eventually songs not played live yet).

This episode reminded me of when Madonna fell of her horse in 2005, while finishing Confessions On A Dancefloor and broke several bones.
...But then, she picked that episode and turned into the central subject of the opening st of songs of the subsequent Confessions Tour, making some fun of herself and of that episode, riding a mechanical horse while the screens pictured fractured bones. I think it was pretty fun and clever.
I'm not asking for Bono to ride a mechanical horse while singing "Pride (In The Name Of Love)" on the next tour, but it'd be fun to see Bono fully recovered and laughing himself of this unfortune or the 2010 surgery as well together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07DBz9ZUGcA

Number one comment on that Gawker article was "My thoughts and prayers go out to whoever is trying to kill Bono." ...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I am just glad it's not his shoulder....because that could be a b**** of an injury with a year recovery time. :down:

When I read the headline on the internet today I had a bad deja vú, reading "injury" and "surgery". But thank God, I thought, it's "only" the arm. Now, we don't know what kind of injury he's having, but since it seems to require surgery, it doesn't sound as if it's a very light case. I wish Bono the best. He does to seem to have a bit of bad luck at the moment, though. Maybe they should just keep him locked inside a house so he cannot go out cycling in Central Park, being let lagged, with wet and foggy weather and probably millions of wet leaves on the street. Really Bono, did that really had to happen? :tsk:

I'd say with his arm bandaged he can still perform in a couple of weeks. Let's keep our fingers crossed and wish him well.

Safe to assume this will be in Bono's wardrobe for the tour.

o-RATESETTER-570.jpg

That is really disappointing. I was hoping this week would lead up to the next single release/ tour announcement.

This will delay things and stop the momentum that's been gathering....:down:

I had to spend 10 minutes to remember my password so I could log in so I could comment on this thread:

:lmao:

Thanks Bono!

It would have been better if you hadn't found your passwort.

Laughing about other people's misery, no matter if the name Bono is involved or not, is just totally rude. It's the kind of thing you expect to read from Bono haters in the comment section of certain news sites.

:down:

And seriously, I can't believe how often I see you guys giving time to "Da H8rs", when did this message board turn into a Taylor Swift forum?

Yeah, check in next time you have an accident and just come out of surgery. It's really funny to laugh about that.

Worse are only the stupid conspiracy theories made up by certain "fans" like back in 2010 when some said Bono was just faking his back injury because he didn't want to perform at Glastonbury. :huh: Some people's imagination ...

Who said that here, though? This whole thread has been full of head smacking and inside jokes. Seriously, I highly doubt BEG is pleased that Bono got hurt, but the situation is so patently ridiculous, that what can you do but laugh?

Lighten up, you seriously take any perceived slight towards Bono way too personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom