Bono injured in cycling accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Bono dislocated his shoulder during the DC concert on 20 September 1987, he played out the show (no doubt the adrenaline rush of performing kicked in to help him there!) and none of the subsequent shows were rescheduled - the next gig was just two nights later on the 22nd.

But that was a straightforward dislocation and he was much younger then, in full tour fitness. He may not bounce back so fast now, especially if the injury is more severe.

Bono gets into a mysterious bike wreck and retreats from the public eye for a while and takes up residency in Woodstock, NY and records incredibly introspective acoustic songs then files them away in a basement.

If I may, I find this all a bit disappointing. Cancelling Fallon because he fell off his bike?

Theodore Roosevelt was shot at close range by saloonkeeper John Schrank while greeting the public in front of the Gilpatrick Hotel. He famously finished giving his 90 minute speech saying “I don’t know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot. It takes more than that to kill a bull moose.” He then reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a bullet-riddled, 50-page speech. Holding up his prepared remarks, which had two big holes blown through each page, Roosevelt continued. “Fortunately I had my manuscript, so you see I was going to make a long speech, and there is a bullet—there is where the bullet went through—and it probably saved me from it going into my heart. The bullet is in me now, so that I cannot make a very long speech, but I will try my best.”

And Bono can't sing a song, a skill as I understand it doesn't involve the use of his arm, in a cushy studio because he hurt said arm biking?

Geez. These spoiled rock star/international humanitarian primadonnas.

Bono gets into a mysterious bike wreck and retreats from the public eye for a while and takes up residency in Woodstock, NY and records incredibly introspective acoustic songs then files them away in a basement.

Or he shoots whiskey all day, doesn't bathe and "accidentally shoots his finger off"

80s Bono would have sucked it up.

Just sayin

Screen-Shot-2014-01-27-at-10.41.12-PM.png

Surgery on a broken bone means it was quite likely a serious break broken in many places on the bone. 6-8 weeks recovery time however he doesn't work in construction so it shouldn't affect his ability to perform - however it likely will be in too much pain for a few days to do much at all including sing on Fallon. Bad timing but thats life.

Surgery on a broken bone means it was quite likely a serious break broken in many places on the bone. 6-8 weeks recovery time however he doesn't work in construction so it shouldn't affect his ability to perform - however it likely will be in too much pain for a few days to do much at all including sing on Fallon. Bad timing but thats life.

This!

A dislocated shoulder is not a broken bone. Bones don't heal when you're 54 like they did when you were 27 and I'm not sure it was even a break back then. Did that dislocated shoulder happen in DC? Was it 1987 or 1988? If it was 1987, Bono might have been half his current age.

Take the meds, Bono, REST, and HEAL well. We'll hopefully see you sooner rather than later. :heart:

I blame Mikal and his fat jokes. Maybe if Bono wasn't so self conscious about his weight he wouldn't have felt the need to push himself so hard on the bike.

Way to go Mikal. :down:

Mikal's been making fat jokes? :tsk: I just caught up on all the European tv appearances over the weekend, and thought how thin he looks.

I blame you, Mikal. Thanks for screwing up Fallon for us. :|

Surprised photos of the crashed Bono hasn't been posted on a social media site. :hmm:
Usually people rush to post stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom