Bono in top 10 "Rock Gods"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynetravis

Blue Crack Supplier
Mercury tops rock poll

(Thursday January 08, 2009 07:03 PM)
Queen frontman Freddie Mercury has been voted the "Ultimate Rock God" by music fans.

The singer, who died of an Aids-related illness in 1991, came out on top of the survey, which was conducted by onepoll.com.

Around 4,000 people were questioned, with Elvis Presley and Jon Bon Jovi completing the Top 3.

The full Top 10 is as follows:

01 Freddie Mercury
02 Elvis Presley
03 Jon Bon Jovi
04 David Bowie
05 Jimi Hendrix
06 Ozzy Osbourne
07 Kurt Cobain
08 Slash
09 Bono
10 Mick Jagger

Music News - The latest music news and gossip from Yahoo! Music UK & Ireland

And hang on a minute...should Elvis be in this list at all? Or is it now written in stone that he gets into the top ten of any music list with "god" in the title.

Elvis = :yawn:

This list is wrong. I'll fix it:

0.Edge... on fire
1.Bono
2.Steven Tyler
3.John Lennon
4.Michael Stipe
5.Mick Jagger
6.Axl Rose
7.Robert Plant
8.Kurt Cobain
9.Jimmy Page
10.Bruce Springsteen

Ok, fixed it!
And I like Bon Jovi!

I'm pleased Freddie finished top- Bono is great and should have finished higher than ninth but Mercury is in a league of his own.

#3, 6, 7 and 8 shouldn't be where they are on the list :der: Slash bigger "Rock god" than Bono? :scratch: Jon Bon Jovi at #3? WTF?

:down:

It's a crap list but it does have Bono in it, where's Lennon? Jon Bon Jovi and Slash, they're overrated.

I am truly insulted that Bono was included on such a crap list (ehh... on his behalf!).

Bon Jovi at number 3 hahaha yeah right!!! Kurt Cobain and Slash also don't belong. And I think I wouldn't include David Bowie there either.

Mercury tops rock poll

(Thursday January 08, 2009 07:03 PM)
Queen frontman Freddie Mercury has been voted the "Ultimate Rock God" by music fans.

The singer, who died of an Aids-related illness in 1991, came out on top of the survey, which was conducted by onepoll.com.

Around 4,000 people were questioned, with Elvis Presley and Jon Bon Jovi completing the Top 3.

The full Top 10 is as follows:

01 Freddie Mercury
02 Elvis Presley
03 Jon Bon Jovi
04 David Bowie
05 Jimi Hendrix
06 Ozzy Osbourne
07 Kurt Cobain
08 Slash
09 Bono
10 Mick Jagger

Music News - The latest music news and gossip from Yahoo! Music UK & Ireland

Like most of these lists, it is crap. I totally agree with No. 1, but it goes downhill from there. People like Springsteen are missing, others shouldn't be on that list at all. And compared to the others, Bono should be much higher.

Crap list obviously. Didn't realise there was so much Cobain hate here, I don't see why he shouldn't be considered a rock god.

Back
Top Bottom