Bono hands out copies of REM's new album, gets ignored

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Umm... what?

From nme.com

U2's Bono tried to become something of an off-season Santa recently, we read.

The singer supposedly attempted to give away copies of REM's 'Collapse Into Now' album to passers by on a New York street corner on Saturday (March 19).

According to the New York Post he had spent the first half of Saturday night celebrating wife Ali Hewson's 50th birthday at the Osteria Morini Italian restaurant.

Guests included former model Helena Christensen, U2's The Edge and REM’s Michael Stipe. Following the nosh Bono decided to head out into the street to see if he could give away copies of REM's latest.

A source is quoted as saying: "He was asking people loitering outside if they wanted a CD. Bono was largely ignored, with some looking at him like he was a crazy person until one girl recognised him and snapped up the disc."

'Collapse Into Now' might not be REM's greatest album but still, we don't think it's quite at street freebie level yet...

I really hope that's true, because it's hilarious

But it could have been, um, someone else who pretends to be Bono

He should have been giving away Spiderman tickets :wink:

Seriously, if Bono did this in any large city. People would not believe it was him. They wouldn't expect it. Whether it would be New York or Baltimore the reaction would have been the same.

You gotta love the priceless picture that NME put up on the article:

bonoPAPhotos250310.jpg

Before I accepted a CD and a picture, I would ask Bono a question, something only the REAL Bono would know. Like what the first verse of One Tree Hill is.

Wait a minute....

...if the performance in Chile is any indication, even the real Bono would answer that wrong and I would walk away depressed :sad:

Before I accepted a CD and a picture, I would ask Bono a question, something only the REAL Bono would know. Like what the first verse of One Tree Hill is.

Wait a minute....

...if the performance in Chile is any indication, even the real Bono would answer that wrong and I would walk away depressed :sad:

Now, now... OTH is perhaps my second favorite U2 song and even I forget its lyrics.

Age... it does a body bad.

Back
Top Bottom