Bono and Liam Neeson are writing a screenplay together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just stumbled upon this, and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else around here... Hopefully it turns out better than MDH ;)

Liam Neeson interview: Hard man actor on Bono, Ralph Fiennes and his fear of guns

And then there is fellow Irishman Bono, with whom Neeson is developing a film. “We chat, or with him a lot of the time I just listen. He’s a wonderful man. He’s got an idea for a script which we’ve been working on for the past six years,” he says, going on to outline the story, which is inspired by the Irish showband phenomenon of the Seventies.

I mentioned this to someone on Facebook, but there is 0% chance this movie doesn't have something to do with....THE TROUBLES

Bono from Dublin, Liam from Belfast? Come on.

Yeah. That fakest thing in that movie wasn't a late middle aged Liam Neeson beating up multiple guys half his age at one, it was the teenaged girl who was a U2 fan. :)
Yeah, I always thought that was peculiar--2 teenage girls, spending their summer vacation following U2's tour throughout Europe :scratch:

I mentioned this to someone on Facebook, but there is 0% chance this movie doesn't have something to do with....THE TROUBLES

Bono from Dublin, Liam from Belfast? Come on.

And Liam was already in a biopic about Michael Collins about 2 or so decades ago. :wink:

Irish showbands of the '70s?

Irish Showbands Home Page

300-bigtmain1273x.jpg

Taken is the reason why my dad doesn't like the idea of me traveling abroad to see a U2 Tour.

That got stuck on his mind, and Everytime I talk about traveling to see the band he is like "No way! You see what happened with that girl in the movie! And I'm an ex- secret agent, so I can't rescue you, and you die!"

Yes, it is a true story.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah. That fakest thing in that movie wasn't a late middle aged Liam Neeson beating up multiple guys half his age at one, it was the teenaged girl who was a U2 fan. :)

I thought the fakest thing was that Bono didn't come and rescue her. As soon as he heard about it, you know he'd be on the scene.

"A U2 fan is in trouble??? TO THE U2-MOBILE, QUICK!"

Also, if Liam Neeson is also starring in this movie, I'll be there in a heartbeat.

Just been to watch liam neesons new movie "a walk among the tombstones". Good film. Very dark and gripping.

Maybe taken 3 is the movie bono and neeson have been working on (comes out next year i think) and his daughter does actually go on tour with u2 :) bono would star in it and everything

These two are actually close in real life. Read an article a while back about when Liam's wife died, Bono came over for dinner and Liam's son was really depressed(obviously). Bono brought up how he too lost his mother when he was a boy and Liam mentioned how his son sort of perked up as he was able to relate to Bono....well, really Paul Hewson.

Found the article: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-sons-after-natasha-richardsons-death-2014242

"You know, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I'm name-dropping for a second. Bono is a pal, and he came 'round to have a dinner," the Taken star said of the U2 singer and fellow Irishman. "And I remember he was sitting beside Micheal and, just out of the blue, he said, 'What age are you Micheal?' He said -- Micheal said, 'Thirteen.' And [Bono] said, 'Yeah, that's the age I was when I lost my mum.'"
"That was it. And it -- I -- I could've kissed him for it," Neeson continued. "He was, like, saying, 'You know, I lost my mom at this age and I'm doing okay. And you will do okay, too.'"

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom