Bono and his incessant/inane chatter during concerts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The show closed with a short message from a Syrian girl, and that’s when fans started to leave. Fans have listened to and loved this album for 30 years. We just wanted to hear the album.

Hey, what didn't you get? You got the album. If you want to leave when they start to play other stuff, knock yourself out.

if she just wanted to hear the album she should stick on the cd, entitled b!tch

good jibber jabber last night in Paris - his French was lovely :heart:

The tone of the rant is deliberately influenced by problems and situations that only white, upper-class people get affected by.

It's so heavily ingrained into that mentality that it's hard for non-white people to relate to, hence the term disgusting.

So basically:

giphy.gif

yea her whining about how awful it was to be subjected to visuals of "native americans and other immigrants" (cuz indigenous people are apparently immigrants now) and "poetry about immigrants" while simultaneously complaining about the trackdown video "mocking the current president" says just about all you need to know.

It's TheFederalist .com. Here's your publisher bio.

Benjamin Domenech is the publisher of The Federalist, host of The Federalist Radio Hour, and writes The Transom, a daily subscription newsletter for political insiders. He was previously a fellow at The Manhattan Institute and a senior fellow at The Heartland Institute; editor in chief of The City, an academic journal on faith and culture; and a speechwriter for HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson and U.S. Senator John Cornyn of Texas. He co-founded Redstate and co-hosted Coffee & Markets, an award-winning economic podcast. His writing has been published in The Wall Street Journal, The Daily Beast, Politico, Commentary, Reason, and GQ, and he appears regularly on Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, and CBS's Face The Nation. He divides his time between Virginia and New York. Email him at ben@thefederalist.com

So, yeah...right wing blog writes article attacking left-leaning elements by band, does not identify bias in article, hopes for reaction.

Imagine...the co-founder of Redstate and fellow at the Heartland Institute doesn't like U2's politics.

Gasp.

The tone of the rant is deliberately influenced by problems and situations that only white, upper-class people get affected by.

It's so heavily ingrained into that mentality that it's hard for non-white people to relate to, hence the term disgusting.

So from the tone of a written rant you are able to stereotype all people who have white skin?

Are you insinuating that not one Asian person, black person, Arab person, etc... could possibly feel the same way and that only white people feel this way?

I know plenty of Italian, Irish, Jewish, etc that don't feel that way but I guess if some white people feel that way then they all must?

So from the tone of a written rant you are able to stereotype all people who have white skin?

Are you insinuating that not one Asian person, black person, Arab person, etc... could possibly feel the same way and that only white people feel this way?

I know plenty of Italian, Irish, Jewish, etc that don't feel that way but I guess if some white people feel that way then they all must?

Ugh, I hate to defend this poster, and yes he's not the most eloquent of speakers, but I think he was trying to say his version of "white people problems", "western problems", etc. surely you've heard the phrase?

Ugh, I hate to defend this poster, and yes he's not the most eloquent of speakers, but I think he was trying to say his version of "white people problems", "western problems", etc. surely you've heard the phrase?

Yeah, that's what I got.

The album’s greatest songs—“Running to Stand Still” and “Red Hill Mining Town”—are about, respectively, heroin abuse and the death of a mining town. America is experiencing an explosive surge in opioid deaths, and the death of the steel and car industry has decimated cities like Pittsburgh and Detroit. It’s hard to understand how the relentless stream of grim portraits of immigrants connected to the songs themselves.

Holy shit. Do they need a color-coded diagram to make extremely obvious connections between an Irish band's experience of America and the immigrants they empathize with?

The album’s greatest songs—“Running to Stand Still” and “Red Hill Mining Town”—are about, respectively, heroin abuse and the death of a mining town. America is experiencing an explosive surge in opioid deaths, and the death of the steel and car industry has decimated cities like Pittsburgh and Detroit. It’s hard to understand how the relentless stream of grim portraits of immigrants connected to the songs themselves.

Holy shit. Do they need a color-coded diagram to make extremely obvious connections between an Irish band's experience of America and the immigrants they empathize with?

Diagrams might be too complicated, I'm thinking tweets with memes might make more sense.

Oh boohoo.

Diagrams might be too complicated, I'm thinking tweets with memes might make more sense.
"Why all the pictures of sad brown people during In God's Country?? This is supposed to be a upbeat happy song!"

Oh boohoo.

Lol....you are the most easily triggered person in this forum and you're telling me "boo hoo ".

God forbid someone mention Kanye West or Millennials in a bad light you will "outraged" and respond by cursing and rambling on.

Here is a lot of selective outrage Around here but you have always amazed me.

Back
Top Bottom