best U2 songs to walk down aisle to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

My wedding song was All I Want Is You....yeah, I know it's a sad song, but no one knew the lyrics anyway.

We really are a helpful lot.

Though it is interesting how U2 have very few, perhaps no, pure love songs. AIWIY at least comes across as one, even if you can give it a much darker reading after a much closer listen (those AIWIY/Bad medleys from a couple of Lovetown gigs really bring out the darkness).

Yeah, they usually had a sting in the tail somewhere.

Or hey, how about Luminous Times! "I love you cause I need to, not because I need you."

It depends on what feelings you're trying to evoke...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I got married in October and the piano player played a beautiful version of October as the bridesmaids walked down. She told me later that she had never heard the song, but loved playing it so much that she checked out more of their music.

BUT don't listen to me, that marriage didn't work out...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Promenade might also be nice.

*waits for someone to tell me the lyrics are actually about death and destruction or something*

I got married with this playing, sidestepping lyrics altogether:

To expand on this, it worked out really well, actually, except that my uncle (who officiated the wedding) forgot his cue, so the everybody please rise part was late.

Basically the wedding party and everyone was to come out during the first part of the song and then once WOWY started, I would've walked down the Aisle.

Still, it was really great to use, nice mix of traditional while still sneaking some U2 in there.

We also used the Strung Out on U2 CD to play while everyone was showing up/finding their seats/etc. My friend was cracking up when he realized all of the songs were just U2 instrumentals and told me later something along the lines of, "It was your wedding, I knew that music had to be U2."

Beyond that, we didn't have a *ton* of U2 at the reception. I know Promenade and Slow Dancing played at one point, but that's all I really remember.

I love "All I Want Is You"...I never thought of it as a sad song, but more of a realistic song about love. They meet real young, they have ups and downs, some deceit, but make it through it all in the end. Priceless. A friend had this has her "last dance" song......It worked out nicely. :heart:

Regarding the classic and WOWY mix: Oh gosh, I came across this version. Tears to my eyes because these were my best friend's two favorite songs. I listened to it and couldn't believe the two songs collided together. Praying she is at peace. Love you LPK-M:heart: This is the same friend that had "All I want Is You" has her last song at her wedding.........

Back
Top Bottom