Best Song Survivor: Early 1980s Quarter Final V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth early 1980s quarter final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top five quarter finalists proceed to the semi-final. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the last round, Like A Song was the "winner" of a close three-way battle for elimination.

ELIMINATED SONGS
11. A Celebration
10. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
9. Seconds
8. Like A Song

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
24 votes: Like A Song
21: I Will Follow, Tomorrow
5: The Electric Co., Sunday Bloody Sunday
3: Out Of Control
2: Gloria
0: New Year's Day
(Total votes: 81)

I'm going to stick with my gut and vote SBS. I could bandwagon IWF to protect Tomorrow, but it's clearly going to be eliminated within the next couple of rounds and miss the semi-finals, so I don't see the point.

Sunday Bloody Sunday. Amazing live, great song, but the studio version doesn't beat the others remaining here.

Actually, I'd love to see I Will Follow and Tomorrow tie. Because Tomorrow is what I'd vote for next.

Ax, there's no way we could increase NLOTH's quote from two to three, is there? I think there's pretty much universal agreement that it is better than the last two album, and deserves at least three slots.

Ax, there's no way we could increase NLOTH's quote from two to three, is there? I think there's pretty much universal agreement that it is better than the last two album, and deserves at least three slots.

I'm going to give both Passengers and NLOTH three slots - the median seeding.

Back
Top Bottom