Best non u2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Ok Folks....got to wondering, what do you rate as the best non u2 penned song that they have done.
So...can pick cover versions (for eg Everlasting Love, or another recorded or live song)
Or... might be a calleberation between u2 and A N Other, or a solo project (for eg Daniel Lanios and u2 Caledonia, or perhaps Edge and Sinead O' Connor)

Id say Robbie Rorbertson and U2 Sweet Fire Of Love:applaud:

Springhill Mining Disaster

I also like Everlasting Love, Baby Please Come Home, and Jesus Christ.

All Along the Watchtower lovetown or
Knocking on haven's door - lovetown sydney

Studio - Dancing Barefoot
Live - All Along the Watchtower, specifically Dublin 1989-12-31 :heart:

I also like I'm Not Your Baby with Sinead O'Connor.

I think I'd have to go with "Everlasting Love". I was listening to the Love Affair 1968 version the other day, and I don't think U2's take on it is at all inferior (still never heard the Robert Knight). It's really one of their brightest, best tracks.

I have to agree with Bono that U2 are not a very good covers band, generally speaking.

never heard that.:hmm:

... seriously, it seems all uploads of the In A Lifetime clip have been deleted off of Youtube. Whoever did this is an arsehole.

I tried to upload it for you guys but they caught it before it ever went live. :angry: sorry.

As for my favorites :hmm: Night & Day, Satellite of Love for sure, Can't Help Falling In Love. And I thought Bono was great doing Kids with Kylie Minogue.

this thread was a bit misleading.lol. i thought we were gonna discuss every song in history not written by u2.lol. stairway to heaven, teen spirit, layla, enter sandman, lol etc

Back
Top Bottom