Best non u2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Saints are Coming (Stuart Adamson)
Night and Day (Cole Porter)
Fortunate Son (CCR)

to the OP: Sweet Fire of Love is as much a U2 song as most songs on NLOTH, or anything off Passengers;

unlike Testimony, off the same Robbie Robertson album, which U2 collaborated on but didn't get writing credits.

the rattle and hum era singles have by far the greatest cover output...

everlasting love, unchained melody, dancing barefoot!

^Oh, forgot about Paint It, Black
And please, could anyone tell me which song is 'In a Lifetime'? :hmm:

EDIT: Oh, forget about... just checked, it's a Bono solo, no part from the other three.

Funny, speaking of Dancing Barefoot...awhile back I went to see Jewel with a buddy, and she did "Dancing Barefoot" and we were like "Cool, she's doing a U2 song!"

North and South of the River is a U2 song, co-written by Christy Moore. I guess 7 songs from the new one that were co-written by Eno and Lanois would fall into this category as well then.

Anyway, for a band that was never famous for its covers, Night and Day is a great one. Lovetown versions of All Along the Watchtower are amazing as well.

Tower of Song (probably my favourite, love what U2 add to this already majestic song)
North & South of the River
Dancing Barefoot
Unchained Melody

^Thank you, I was just coming to the end of the thread to ask if I was alone in loving that cover. 99% of the time I don't like cover music because its not creative artistry, and doesn't really do much for me (playing around with other people's music live, or for charity is something I can dig though), but I really like that cover, no offense to Lennon but Bono's voice is so much better and the reggae feel was creative and unexpected.

Everlasting Love is a ton of fun though :up:

Jesus Christ
Everalsting Love
Paint It, Black
Instant Karma!
Unchained Melody
Night and Day

The complete list.

Back
Top Bottom