Best concert film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paris JT, is that the one inside the Remastrd JT DVD?
..and RR is great with the new sound, def worth it.

Sorry, I just noticed this. Yes it is.

I'll pick up RR eventually. The difference in quality from the vhs to dvd copy to commercial dvd release is well worth it for all their shows.

Did we have some blue crackers in that Chicago DVD, right?

And yes we did. There were threads when it was released, where people were talking about picking themselves out in the crowds. :)

1. Sydney
2. Rattle and Hum (only because it's not a full show)
3. Slane

4. UABRS
5. Chicago
6. Boston
7. Popmart
8. Paris

My favorite is Boston Elevation. My single favorite song of all time is the performance of Bad from that DVD, so that alone puts it at number one for me. Slane is excellent, too. Chicago I don't like as much, though I'm probably just bitter because I missed being at that show by one day. I went to the performance the night before. :angry:

this can only be Rattle and Hum. :heart::heart::heart:

concert footage has never been captured in such a brilliant way - it's just fantastic. Also love the Löwenstein-Lovetwon Footage from Syndey.

this can only be Rattle and Hum. :heart::heart::heart:

concert footage has never been captured in such a brilliant way - it's just fantastic. Also love the Löwenstein-Lovetwon Footage from Syndey.

Indeed.

I just upgraded the home theater and christened it with a copy of R&H blu ray. Absolutely brilliant.

ZOOTV television special (Fox broadcast in the US, 1992)
Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky (1984)
Rattle and Hum (1988)
Popmart: Mexico City (1998)
ZOOTV: Sydney (1994)

Never saw any of the others.

1. UABRS : The energy, the energy, the ENERGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, raw U2 is the best!
2. R&H : Best version of Sunday bloody Sunday ever, one of the best of Bad, best voice, best look. It's number 2 because of When loves comes to town, I still haven't... and Angel of Harlem, they don't do it for me.
3. Zoo TV, best tour (first I saw), but that show is not one of the best of the tour. Love Lemon!
4. Paris : Great to see another side of the JT tour, rawer than R&H video but also lot's of small details that make it below R&H.
5. Elevation Boston: The Fly alone is worth the sum of the other 21 songs together :drool:
6. Popmart Mexico: Just for Mofooooooooooooooooooooooo

the rest is not even listed because it's below U2 standard, apart from The Electric Co (Vertigo Chicago)

Back
Top Bottom