Best Album Survivor Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
They are as follows...

1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. Zooropa
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Pop
6. Boy
7 (tie). No Line on the Horizon
7 (tie). War
9. Rattle and Hum
10. All That You Can't Leave Behind
11. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
12. Original Soundtracks 1
13. October

By comparison, these were the ranks generated by the last Rate the Song series:
1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Pop
5. Zooropa
6. Rattle and Hum
7. No Line on the Horizon
8. War
9. Boy
10. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
11. All That You Can't Leave Behind
12. Original Soundtracks 1
13. October

From the last Best Album Survivor...
1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Pop
5. Zooropa
6. Boy
7. War
8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
9. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
10. Rattle And Hum
11. October

And from the last Worst Album Survivor, run at roughly the same time as the last Best Album Survivor...
11. October
10. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
=8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
=8. Rattle And Hum
7. War
6. Boy
5. Zooropa
4. The Unforgettable Fire
3. Pop
2. The Joshua Tree
1. Achtung Baby

Make of that as you wish. It will probably be a few days until I can get a Best Song Survivor series going, because there are a lot of little details that I have to work out. Axver and I have been discussing significantly changing some aspects of it.

flybabe said:
I guess (according to Interference) that October is THE worst U2 album, period.

Funny, from the early U2 it's the one i listen to the most.. I'm not saying it's the best, but it's the one i'm never sick of.

Looks good except for the fact that Passengers should be ranked higher. I do understand that many people probably haven't given it the time of day that it deserves.

War beat No Line by 1 vote. Member NotTheOnlyOne registered, posted twice, and then voted on one poll - ONE POLL - only...and didn't return to the Survivor series after that. Highly suspicious, and at minimum...their opinion don't mean shiiiiiit. :lol:

Looks good except for the fact that Passengers should be ranked higher. I do understand that many people probably haven't given it the time of day that it deserves.

WHY SHOULD THEY IT'S NOT A U2 RECORD

Why isn't Bono singing

If Passengers was a 10-song album, I think it would have been much more successful. The 2nd half is all filler, apart from One Minute Warning and Theme From Let's Go Native. The latter is such a cool, funky jam.

And what the fuck were they thinking with Elvis Ate America?

Hey man, take it up with Edge. He's the one who called Zooropa an "interesting interlude", not me.

Though I agree with him. :)

Well, U2 member quotes aren't always correct. Bono said that God was in the room when they recorded HTDAAB. In that case, it was a sin leaving "Mercy" off the record.

Leaving Mercy off the record makes me consider my atheism.

It's like they farted on a newborn baby's head, sniffed it and then defined it as freedom.

Damn, apparently Zooropa and The Unforgettable Fire were extremely close. I should've been there for TUF man...I should've been there...

War beat No Line by 1 vote. Member NotTheOnlyOne registered, posted twice, and then voted on one poll - ONE POLL - only...and didn't return to the Survivor series after that. Highly suspicious, and at minimum...their opinion don't mean shiiiiiit. :lol:

That's pretty fucking lame.

Totals should have been changed.

I'm only slightly serious in my protest..I mean, she did just register, but I have no inside knowledge on whether or not this is a legit new member or not.

Of course, she could be cheating.

great albums
bad list

Bomb should've been down the list. It's obvious that October is better.

Indeed.

You both need to be careful though. Not prefacing your comments with "IMO" while using words like "obviously" tends to cause some to burst a blood vessel around here. Apparently, without the disclaimer that your words are your own opinion, they get confused and think you are making some kind of official statement of fact and go into a tailspin.

Indeed.

You both need to be careful though. Not prefacing your comments with "IMO" while using words like "obviously" tends to cause some to burst a blood vessel around here. Apparently, without the disclaimer that your words are your own opinion, they get confused and think you are making some kind of official statement of fact and go into a tailspin.
Let them think, I don't care. Typing 'imo' in almost every sentence is so useless.

Indeed.

I've been posting unpopular opinions and general bollocks here for years without an "IMO" in sight and I don't get called out like you do.

Clearly it's just you, not the lack of "IMO".

I know it's of no use to anybody but my top 3 are still, and in no particular order:

NLOTH
Zooropa
UF

Magical - stick them on playlist on random and I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

Of course there are one or two duds in all those albums - all U2 albums have duds - but those are the 3 best U2 albums, and I'm right, everybody else is wrong :wink:

Back
Top Bottom