Being an Extra in Killing Bono Wednesday - what should I wear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugo

Acrobat
Got the phonecall last night - pretty excited. Getting paid £30 to attend a gig in Belfast. Wonder if it'll be a U2 classics cover band!

I've been told to wear jeans, t-shirt, shirt and if possible a waistcoat.

I was thinking I could wear my u2.com Go Home T-Shirt to ruin the continuity!

Might get kicked out for that... but it'd be a cheeky nod (If the camera even picks me out in the crowd - I doubt it, bet all the pretty fangirls'll get front row!)

Anyway, any thoughts, let me know. I don't have too extensive a wardrobe and I guess the 80s style is just crap jumpers and crap jeans!

Shut your cell phone off unless Martin McCann tells you otherwise. He could be a method actor.

:up: That's awesome.

I wouldn't risk wearing your slane t-shirt, do you have anything boy-jt era? You could try for that. Since you're supposed to wear a shirt over it it wouldn't be that visible anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions - especially liked Coldplay shirt - that would definitely piss them off!

Think I'm gonna just go for a checkered red shirt, jeans and red converse, maybe conceal a u2 360 tour t-shirt underneath (I have one with just the equals sign on the front...)

If anyone else is about Belfast, they're inviting everyone over 16 to come to the mandela hall (Queens University student union) for the last day of filming.

:applaud:
I guess if it's a waistcoat then it'd be the late 80,s. Lightish Levi 101 jeans with a big black belt with clunky black shoes were pretty hot back then.

Good luck, you'll have a blast.

If by waistcoat you mean a vest, then they are back in style now. So if you have one, regardless of the decade it was made, you'd be fine. The difference between now and then is often the pattern (more modern patterns now, of course), but retro is good.

I have no idea what this is and what decade you are supposed to be. But not all 80's clothes were bad. People remember the bad fashion - and there was tons of it - but really, there were plenty of more conservative clothes. If one was young, but in a conservative field - as I was - then the fashionable thing was to add color. Funny thing is, that is also back in style now (like pink shirts for me - "history repeating". Bottom line, if you are trying to do 80's, wear a T-shirt that's rather innocuous and appropriate for the time (i.e., nothing that has a 90's artist on it) and maybe ripped jeans (also back in style now - very circular). But if the decade isn't important, than any T-shirt and jeans, then I guess anything is cool.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom