Barack Obama used "City Of Blinding Lights" as his introduction song...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"This is our time, it's our time down here! But it's all over as soon as we ride up Troy's bucket."

I keep imagining that being read out loud by Obama with such fiery passion. It's been the highlight of my boring afternoon.

Jeannico, im curious, can i ask you a serious question? You seem to be a very sincere person, which i really appreciate. But i have to ask you about your signature:

SEN. BARACK OBAMA is an American tapestry of faith hope and love

Please dont take my question the wrong way, but what does this even mean? And how can you possibly know this about the Senator? Or do you know him personally?

thanks
:)

Bono may have plagiarized Mikey but Obama didn't. It's very easy to prove. He completed a whole sentence which proves, he was reading from his prompter. His speech writer is to blame. Don't blame the high and great one. Oh and I'm so glad interference sold out and I can buy Obama crap on both the top and bottom of the page. Thanks guys!!! :) yay!

I'm not sure if I need to come here, to a U2 site to see the same crap I see on facebook, NBC, CNBC, etc. I mean for real, this is a U2 site... get these crap ads off. I liked interference before it sold out.

Not in these here parts, ma'am. :wink:

Plus, there was this, which is kindof contradictory:

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Bono in Madonna's new onstage montage video.

Hello there, with all due respect, what are you trying to prove by linking my post about Madonna? The fact is i really don't like her music and i can't for the life of me understand why some celebrities try to shove their political views down people's throats.

And as for my question to the OP, which i meant in earnest, if it's as you imply "not (fair) in these parts", then would this politically saturated thread even be considered Fair "in these parts"?

Cheers

Hello there, with all due respect, what are you trying to prove by linking my post about Madonna? The fact is i really don't like her music and i can't for the life of me understand why some celebrities try to shove their political views down people's throats.

And as for my question to the OP, which i meant in earnest, if it's as you imply "not (fair) in these parts", then would this politically saturated thread even be considered Fair "in these parts"?

Cheers

Dearest Mrs Garrison, it was not my intent to mock. I actually have only ever seen you post funny / completely off the wall stuff in LS and I thought you were someone's alter. To be honest, I thought you were sortof deliberately playing with us ie. bemoaning FYM type discussions and people shoving their views down others throats in EYKIW ie the way purpleoscar was but then in another thread in the same section engaging in the same sort of discussion. I just found it oddly humorous, and didn't really think you were being serious and completely overlooked your dislike of Madonna, which I don't actually disagree with you on. The whole 'not in these parts, ma'am' thing was just me playing along. My bad.

Dearest Mrs Garrison, it was not my intent to mock. I actually have only ever seen you post funny / completely off the wall stuff in LS and I thought you were someone's alter. To be honest, I thought you were sortof deliberately playing with us ie. bemoaning FYM type discussions and people shoving their views down others throats in EYKIW ie the way purpleoscar was but then in another thread in the same section engaging in the same sort of discussion. I just found it oddly humorous, and didn't really think you were being serious and completely overlooked your dislike of Madonna, which I don't actually disagree with you on. The whole 'not in these parts, ma'am' thing was just me playing along. My bad.

No Problem, i get it now. And thank you for your reply. In all seriousness, lets be friends :hug:

Cheers to you :)

Back
Top Bottom