Band Aid 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's up with the Geldof rant towards Adele? I read it in the newspaper this morning and if it's true, that's quite a disgusting comment. Many people are turned off by Geldof's behaviour and I can see why to be honest.....My feelings are a little ambivalent towards this Band Aid 30 thing. I support the fight against this horrible disease, that's obvious and if this project is raising money....then good, but I can see why people, especially those who aren't ''that wealthy'' as Sir Bob and the other celebrities are annoyed by Geldof's agressive attitude about this ''give us your money thing'' and think he should f*ck off.

It's a media beat up. Geldof didn't even try and contact Adele because she's raising the family. I think it was started by someone in the Telegraph that has a dislike for the man

Sent from down the rabbit hole

It's a media beat up.

i thought that too because i couldn't see what was so offensive about his comments, saying that she's busy raising a toddler... i think the media took it all out of context and just wanted to create a shit storm as usual - easy targets...

People are miserable and - as usual - like to bash people like Geldof and Bono who, at least, try to do something to raise money and awareness.

Here's an interesting take on the situation from the Telegraph:

In the name of love: it's time to give Bob Geldof and Bono a break - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

"Significantly, since 1984 there has not been a replacement for the job. So many generations of music since then and not one furious figurehead, able to knock heads together, to talk about abhorrence and vacancy and public indifference. Now that's something to get bothered about."

Seriously.
I never really thought about that.

:lol: Well that's a first...

:wink: Regular customer?

lol, no (not regular :shifty:), but I pass by it almost everyday.

It seems that many people have missed the point. So focused on trying to breathe negativity and skepticism into all celebrity charitable actions and stand in judgment as if blessed with the ability to speak for intentions of people they have never met. Even if you hate the song and the people involved in it, it is beyond argument that it will raise money (either through sales or prompting people to donate to another charity). and, perhaps more importantly, awareness. In other words mission feckin' accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
yeah well said. 2014 - The year of whinging.
Free album - outrage
A song for charity - outrage

Or do people just like to hate on anything Bono is involved in?

Back
Top Bottom