Babyface fucking rules.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
As does Daddy's Gonna Pay AND Some Days.

So if you don't agree, if you think the tinklebox tune is corny, if, for some stupid reason you think the lyrics are "creepy", or for whatever other reason, then kindly do not post in this thread.

Since Zooropa was played live, I listened to the album and Babyface follows so perfectly after it. And I think it's a really great song. The melody is great, Bono's delivery is laidback and awesome and I think it's one of their better "dumb pop songs".

Daddy's Gonna Pay is a fucking monster, and Some Dicks Days Are Better Than Others is just awesome, it's impossible to feel bad when that's on.

I'm glad someone agrees with me!!!!

I love Babyface. Fantastic song - especially following Zooropa.

Although, I prefer the studio version to the few times they attempted it live.

And Daddy's Gonna Pay is one of their greatest achievements ever. Fucking LOVE that beast of a song.

:drool:

Love all 3. And yes Daddy's Gonna Pay is one of their high achievements, if they wanna ask me. :wink: :)heart: this album in its entirety)

bonocomet, great minds think alike! Haha :wink:

And I agree with you as well - I love the album in it's entirety. Not a song on there I don't like.

Well, not really. I can't stand The Wanderer. So I guess it's a good thing it's the last song on the album.

bonocomet, great minds think alike! Haha :wink:

And I agree with you as well - I love the album in it's entirety. Not a song on there I don't like.

Well, not really. I can't stand The Wanderer. So I guess it's a good thing it's the last song on the album.

:ohmy: Is it just that JC is singing or you don't even like the lyrics? They are amazing!

:ohmy: Is it just that JC is singing or you don't even like the lyrics? They are amazing!

I think it's just cause of JC singing.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Johnny Cash from time to time, but I just think that - at the end of such an amazing album - that it just doesn't do it for me. I'll actually give it another listen right now, but I've never really enjoyed The Wanderer.

:reject:

Zooropa, from top to bottom is awesome, and the result of the band just going with its gut and trusting its creative instincts, following after a singular concept. Perhaps bringing back some material from it can remind them of the album making process back then.

And yeah, Babyface is underrated, though I'd say Dirty Day is the most underrated track on the record.

I'm a recent Babyface convert. Used to hate it, now I love it. Wouldn't want Zooropa without it. The song gets so good toward the end too. That guitar...

Anyway the whole album is severely underrated. A perfect compliment to AB. Daddy's Gonna Pay has one of my favorite drum "sounds" by Larry. Dirty Day is great but the instruments especially the drums are flat and have no punch in the recording. A fucking monster live though. Hope it comes back someday.

I think it's just cause of JC singing.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Johnny Cash from time to time, but I just think that - at the end of such an amazing album - that it just doesn't do it for me. I'll actually give it another listen right now, but I've never really enjoyed The Wanderer.

:reject:

Gotcha :) I see where you're coming from on the album point. Stand alone though, Johnny C. is a spot on match for that song. Bono knew exactly what he was doing with that decision. :up:

And I admit Babyface was not love at first listen for me, but I came around and think it's great now.

Babyface is awesome. :up: I've always been a fan. Daddy's Gonna Pay is fun too, especially the ZooTV DVD version. I've never liked The Wanderer, though.

I'm a recent Babyface convert. Used to hate it, now I love it. Wouldn't want Zooropa without it. The song gets so good toward the end too. That guitar...

Anyway the whole album is severely underrated. A perfect compliment to AB. Daddy's Gonna Pay has one of my favorite drum "sounds" by Larry. Dirty Day is great but the instruments especially the drums are flat and have no punch in the recording. A fucking monster live though. Hope it comes back someday.

I think those drums are a sample (MC 900 Ft Jesus) but I could be very very wrong about that.

Agreed on Dirty Day though. It's my least favourite on Zooropa due to Larry's mailed-in drumming and that god-awful "from father to son" verse. Better live.

Babyface is either my 3rd or 4th favorite song on the album any given day. I love it. Always have. Just like Is That All, I don't understand the nearly universal hate for it.

Yes. Babyface definitely. And really...creepy lyrics? No. It could be a whole lot creepier.

I do like Dirty Day if I forget the drums...

Just like Is That All, I don't understand the nearly universal hate for it.

Is That All, IMO a good song but with cringeworthy lyrics (besides that it's sort of a remake of The Cry/Electric Co)

I love this thread, because I fucking LOVE Babyface. LOVE.

I love everything about it. I pretty much never skip it when it comes up on shuffle on my iPod. I thought I was one of the only people who doesn't think it's atrocious.

I'm gonna go listen to it RIGHT NOW.

:drool:

Babyface is an absolutely awesome song. #2 behind Numb for me on Zooropa. I friggin love Babyface.

Why, is there supposed to be some opposition for it?

I love Is That All too, the lyrics especially. It's a first-hand insight into how frustrating it was to record October.

:up::up::up:

Also, the chorus guitar line makes me want to grab a guitar and write.

i :heart: Babyface

always have always will

even that little intro just puts a smile on my face, it is so gorgeous!

DGPFYCC is sweet too.... subliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime toons :heart:

one of my best DGPFYCC moments, back in the 90s, i gave my old jvc tape recorder to a mate of mine for a fashion show he was working on for a Paris designer, and it was so cool, he got us in to the show, and there was my old stereo spray-painted industrial silver as the centre-piece and blasting out Daddy's Gonna Pay cranked right up in the window of Galerie Lafayette (or was it Printemps, i dunno they next door to each other lol!!!), it was such a rock n roll moment - i was so proud of my little stereo haha

i think Zooropa is the perfect album, i love it from start to finish and can listen any time, it always fits...

Crashed Car is probably my least favorite song on the album, but in all fairness Zooropa isn't exactly up there with my most listened to albums from U2 (as a whole as opposed to single song by song listening).

Probably just needs more time though.

I love Babyface and DGPFYCC. Some Days... is good but not great although it's perfect for the album it's on. The two songs that drag Zooropa down are The First Time and The Wanderer.

It's boring. The synths in the background are horrible and they are the same for the whole 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom