ATYCLB 20th Anniversary Box Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should focus on new groundbreaking music again and stop touring for a while I think. Not that I don't like their live performances but I think it's more important now to stay on the musicradar with trying to experiment new musical paths. In other words get back to the underground.
They should certainly focus on down music now, because, ya know, no tours.

But once tours are a thing again? Yea. Let's tour.

Like... I want out of the fucking house, and I'm sure they do as well. And they're getting old, and this whole thing has taught me more than ever not to take the things I love to do for granted, soooooo they could stage the Vaccination Tour 2021 for all I care and I'll be there with fucking sugar cubes on.

I and I, in the sky
You goty antibodies high, so high
Vac--cin---a---tion!! Wooooo wooo

I think Irving Plaza was recorded and the Notre Dame show was recorded (for live stream on the internet back in 2002!!!) so they could put either of those on the set.

20 Years already.....
Yea but we have those already... and they record every show, so it doesn't HAVE to be connected to a livestream or radio broadcast.

The holy grail for me from this tour would be a fully mastered version of 10/27 MSG.

Would love the Brit award performance from 2001 included . They won the outstanding contribution to music award and did a set at the end of the awards .

Unbelievable it was , it’s what got me into u2 . Until the end of the world and Bono single handily made me a huge fan , from that moment I was hooked .

It was one of the performances when you generally thought the performer was gonna come straight out the TV and into your living room . Unbelievable

High, higher than the sun
my fever’s got me done
I need you to vaccinate me dear
Has my last song now been sung
Could the final bell be rung
My lung!
You vaccinate my BLOOD
My chest clears out the crud
I’m riding out the flood
Not gonna drown
respiration!

High, higher than the sun
my fever’s got me done
I need you to vaccinate me dear
Has my last song now been sung
Could the final bell be rung
My lung!
You vaccinate my BLOOD
My chest clears out the crud
I’m riding out the flood
Not gonna drown
respiration!

This is well done.

I doubt the live show would be Boston - the MO with JT was a full show from a specific date, and Boston is a hybrid of three.

The show in Boston on 08/06 has a great set list, so I wouldn’t mind if it were just that one. But it’s the only night of the three they didn’t include in the dvd

My tolerance for buying stuff that’s already available isn’t great although I cracked for the AB and JT deluxe box sets. I can’t see me doing the same for this album and I suspect we’ve already got all the unreleased tracks we’re going to get although I’m sure some will be “available on vinyl for the first time.”

Does anybody get really excited by live shows being officially released given the availability of so many for free as bootlegs?

Maybe I’m just getting to that age where I’d like new music from them or the sort of stuff I’m resigned to them never releasing during my lifetime now - i.e. any alternate/early demos and mixes from Pop for example.

I also agree that When I Look At The World is massively under-rated.

The Achtung Baby Uber box set, which included the “kindergarten” version of AB and possibly some other tracks not on the other versions, is not on Spotify or any other platforms.

That said - I do agree with Headache that MSG 27 October is the only choice.

Agree that it’s the most likely choice. I think the first US leg better captures what the Elevation tour was about, but I suppose we’ve already got one good document of that, and those Fall NY shows were special in a completely different way.

Well that's one silver lining about this pandemic.

Thank you, Trump.

Probably spared us more AMERICA!!/stars & stripes jacket/ September 11th memorial nonsense.

:eyebrow: :|

As someone who spent a year '80-'81 on the 73rd FL (2 elevators) NE windowed corner of the South Tower (Tower 2): and knows exactly what the far drop down to the ground looked liked; who walked by the PATH escalators in the below ground shopping floor to go to the bank for her then boss that area ripped apart a week later in the 1st bombing; who on city bus passed by the (yet to be) survivors' staircase and North Tower 4 days before 9-11; who saw the cloud of death after the North Tower collapsed from Brooklyn around 1 1/2 miles away...

....U2's post 9-11 shows were very meaningful to me and probably most people who wanted, needed to attend as I was lucky enough to get a last minute ticket the first night at MSG.

Last edited:

:applaud:

34ce6bd2717b3db860320ee7a3cd0235.gif

:eyebrow: :|

As someone who spent a year '80-'81 on the 73rd FL (2 elevators) NE windowed corner of the South Tower (Tower 2): and knows exactly what the far drop down to the ground looked liked; who walked by the PATH escalators in the below ground shopping floor to go to the bank for her then boss that area ripped apart a week later in the 1st bombing; who on city bus passed by the (yet to be) survivors' staircase and North Tower 4 days before 9-11; who saw the cloud of death after the North Tower collapsed from Brooklyn around 1 1/2 miles away...

....U2's post 9-11 shows were very meaningful to me and probably most people who wanted, needed to attend as I was lucky enough to get a last minute ticket the first night at MSG.

I'm not denying the post 9/11 shows were heartfelt and moving, as was the Super Bowl performance. The band continuing to beat the patriotic drum for the next 15+ years, not so much.

They certainly don't need to milk that sentiment again for some kind of 20th anniversary tour.

:applaud:

34ce6bd2717b3db860320ee7a3cd0235.gif

I'm not denying the post 9/11 shows were heartfelt and moving, as was the Super Bowl performance. The band continuing to beat the patriotic drum for the next 15+ years, not so much.

They certainly don't need to milk that sentiment again for some kind of 20th anniversary tour.

Ok, I can understand that, laz. :up:

By the time they tour again... Biden, or :yikes: drumph will be in office so if they do some kind of America thing it might depend on that. :shrug: We'll see.

1 Beautiful Day
2 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
3 Elevation
4 Walk On
5 Kite
6 In A Little While
7 Wild Honey
8 Peace On Earth
9 When I Look At The World
10 New York
11 Grace

12 The Ground Beneath Her Feet
13 Levitate (From 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' Sessions)
14 Summer Rain
15 Stateless
16 Always
17 Love You Like Mad (From 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' Sessions)
18 Big Girls Are Best
19 Don't Take Your Guns To Town (A Tribute To Johnny Cash, Dublin / 1999)
20 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Acoustic Version)
21 Flower Child (From 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' Sessions)

22 Elevation (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
23 Beautiful Day (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
24 Until The End Of The World (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
25 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
26 Kite (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
27 Gone (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
28 New York (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
29 I Will Follow (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
30 Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
31 In A Little While (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
32 Desire (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
33 Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
34 Bad (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
35 Where The Streets Have No Name (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
36 Bullet The Blue Sky (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
37 With Or Without You (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
38 The Fly (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
39 Wake Up Dead Man (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)
40 Walk On (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

41 Elevation (Paul Van Dyk Remix)
42 Elevation (Influx Remix)
43 New York (Carnegie's Deli Remix)
44 New York (Superman Kicks Ativan Remix)
45 Beautiful Day (Quincey & Sonance Remix)
46 Beautiful Day (The Perfecto Mix)
47 In A Little While (Nightmares On Wax Remix)
48 Walk On (Wyclef Jean Remix)
49 When I Look At The World (Picante Remix)
50 Elevation (Escalation Mix)
51 Elevation (Quincey & Sonance Remix

Listen, if this is what it takes to get “Big Girls Are Best” on the streaming platforms, we’re just going to have to be ok with the rest.

AdvancedWellwornBlackfish-size_restricted.gif

I mean to be fair I'm sure they've had a lot to do over the past 6 months in preparation for this release. Where ever could anyone have found the time to dig through tapes for something the fans haven't heard before during the year 2020? I'm sure they've all been out galavanting around like the rest of us.

Stripping the audio from Boston is a very lazy move, but expected. Can’t wait to have those bonus tracks on Spotify, though.

Back
Top Bottom