ATYCLB 20th Anniversary Box Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
https://www.u2songs.com/news/rumour_u2_to_release_atyclb_box_this_fall

Rumour of it being a “similar size and scope” to the JT30 box.

Would love an elevation show on vinyl, and as the article mentions, swathed of demos and alternates from the sessions still unreleased.

Despite some of the weakest moments in their catalogue stinking up side 2, this is a box set I would very much welcome.

Even though I got POP right around when it came out, ATYCLB was the first U2 album I waited for to come out, so I am by default excited for this.

I am also one of the very few who adores Wild Honey, so I'm hoping for some demos/alternate versions of it.

Would be interesting to see more unreleased material...and a live show. Might they give us Irving Plaza?

I think Irving Plaza was recorded and the Notre Dame show was recorded (for live stream on the internet back in 2002!!!) so they could put either of those on the set.

20 Years already.....

In commemoration, I think they should revert their website back to the gray, isometric... thing that was their first official website.

And I say that with a touch of nostalgia.

(But overall I’m excited about this, ATYCLB is a good record from an exciting era and a deluxe edition will be nice.)

ATYCLB 20th Anniversary Box Ser

Come on people this is u2 we’re talking about ,the release will include Boston or Slane castle , maybe even both. I wouldn’t expect them to give us something that we haven’t already got

I’m all over the set though. It was my first u2 album , special place in my heart for it , they can repackage it as many times as they want and I’ll still buy it .

Hopefully some merch from that era as well

Come on people this is u2 we’re talking about ,the release will include Boston or Slane castle , maybe even both. I wouldn’t expect them to give us something that we haven’t already got

I’m all over the set though. It was my first u2 album , special place in my heart for it , they can repackage it as many times as they want and I’ll still buy it .

Hopefully some merch from that era as well

I hope they are a bit more surprising this time.... but I think there's a great chance to get another Slane copy...... And the demos we've already got.....

ATYCLB 20th Anniversary Box Ser

I’ll point out the JT box includes the New York show on vinyl rather than Paris, Denver, Tempe or even shows we had high quality bootlegs of like Syracuse, LA, Cork, London, Chicago.

Re the demos - the article calls out things never released before. May only be one or two, but given the 6 things they dug out for Achtung Baby, I’m not sure I agree that the criticism is founded here. The only precedent for a box like this is AB or JT and they actually did dig pretty deep there.

When I Look at the World live would make anything else they could possibly do with this worthwhile.

Fucking edge forgetting how to play it

20 years, goddamn. That's crazy and depressing.

I BET they would do a tour if not for COVID. They love this album.

No. We -and they - had enough touring for a while.

I would not rule out AB30 as the next tour though.

Who got fed up of u2 touring ? I know I certainly didn’t [emoji2]

larry-mullen-jr233aaol-music-news-uk270111.jpg

They did have 4 tours in 5 years (3 different shows/tours). That is pretty remarkable for U2 standards.

They'll be back on the road in 2022.....

'U2022 Tour'

Just think of the T shirt sales!!!!

They did have 4 tours in 5 years (3 different shows/tours). That is pretty remarkable for U2 standards.

They'll be back on the road in 2022.....

'U2022 Tour'

Just think of the T shirt sales!!!!

U’22 or Zoo/‘22

They haven’t had a decent t-shirt design since 2009.

There wasn't a single shirt from 360 that I thought looked good.

There were some great ones from Vertigo, though. I liked the captures from the Special Edition HTDAAB book with Bono's handwriting scrawl.

Who got fed up of u2 touring ? I know I certainly didn’t [emoji2]

They should focus on new groundbreaking music again and stop touring for a while I think. Not that I don't like their live performances but I think it's more important now to stay on the musicradar with trying to experiment new musical paths. In other words get back to the underground.

Back
Top Bottom