ATYCLB 20th Anniversary Box Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But it isn’t u2. I was just saying the soundtrack isn’t redundant because one of the best tracks is Bono and the MDH Band and wouldn’t be covered in this set.

That sort of thing is done on reissues all the time. U2 themselves did it with the 1996 version of "Tomorrow," which only had Bono and Adam, and the awful Sun City version of "Silver and Gold" and the "Can't Help Falling in Love" remix, which only involved Bono. If I suggest it on the internet, everyone will tell me what a dumb idea it is, but if U2 just did it, no one would think twice about a couple of Bono/Larry/Lanois tracks and it'd nicely pad out a rather sad set (and give those songs a much more listenable album home, similar to what the 80s B-side disc did for a lot of songs). Or not, I'm not buying this anyway.

Last edited:
That sort of thing is done on reissues all the time.

Sort of similar to this is the album Brian Eno announced today, Film Music 1976-2020.

It features Beach Sequence from Original Soundtracks 1, but I have yet to see any coverage or press release that mentions U2 or Passengers at all. Bri-Bri was probably just like, "It's close enough to being me for it to just be me... include it!"

Was hoping the B-Sides disc was Disc 2 in the 2 CD/vinyl. Then I may have purchased it.

Maybe when it's on sale. It's currently priced more than the 8 Disc Elton John Jewel Box and Prince Sign O The Times.

That sort of thing is done on reissues all the time. U2 themselves did it with the 1996 version of "Tomorrow," which only had Bono and Adam, and the awful Sun City version of "Silver and Gold" and the "Can't Help Falling in Love" remix, which only involved Bono. If I suggest it on the internet, everyone will tell me what a dumb idea it is, but if U2 just did it, no one would think twice about a couple of Bono/Larry/Lanois tracks and it'd nicely pad out a rather sad set (and give those songs a much more listenable album home, similar to what the 80s B-side disc did for a lot of songs). Or not, I'm not buying this anyway.

Yep.

And don't forget that I've Got You Under My Skin was actually released as a double A-side CD single with Stay in 1993, accompanied by ZooTV live tracks and a Lemon remix, an even more bizarre combo. The front cover credited "U2" in one corner and "Frank Sinatra and Bono" in the opposite corner.

Yep.

And don't forget that I've Got You Under My Skin was actually released as a double A-side CD single with Stay in 1993, accompanied by ZooTV live tracks and a Lemon remix, an even more bizarre combo. The front cover credited "U2" in one corner and "Frank Sinatra and Bono" in the opposite corner.

aaaand Slow Dancing. I remember buying the CD single for $6 (I think) a Wal-Mart in late 93 or early 94 and thinking how awesome it was that the single had 6 songs on it. The live version of Bullet on the single was/is phenomenal.

aaaand Slow Dancing. I remember buying the CD single for $6 (I think) a Wal-Mart in late 93 or early 94 and thinking how awesome it was that the single had 6 songs on it. The live version of Bullet on the single was/is phenomenal.

I listened to that CD many times on my portable CD player.

Unboxing videos are posted on YouTube and I just threw up.

mJhwksW.gif

Last edited:
Short-arse even has fucking platform soles on his old man sandals? Before his 40th birthday he’s wearing THOSE?

They are big enough for disco Stu’s goldfish.

Stand up!
To old farts
Who wear mandals with real thick heels
Marine life be careful
He could use them to club some seals

Clearly some short-man syndrome going on there.

Those unboxing videos do look good, they've nailed the design of it all, just a shame about the content.

Remastered Levitate and Stateless are out today.

Sound is definitely an improvement. Not earth shatteringly different, but certainly more space and clarity, and a more natural sound to the bass.

Remastered Levitate and Stateless are out today.

Sound is definitely an improvement. Not earth shatteringly different, but certainly more space and clarity, and a more natural sound to the bass.

They probably scooped out the mids a bit.

I’ve always really liked Stateless. Great to have a version that sounds this good.

I’d love a Never Let Me Go remaster

Last edited:
At what point with "modern" releases do we determine a remaster is not going to be beneficial enough to warrant it?

I would have thought U2 material from 2000 onward couldn't be improved. Unless there's an effort to neutralize the loudness war thing.

At what point with "modern" releases do we determine a remaster is not going to be beneficial enough to warrant it?

I would have thought U2 material from 2000 onward couldn't be improved. Unless there's an effort to neutralize the loudness war thing.

There’s loudness, style (2000s being notorious for soupy sounds to achieve a sense of “fullness”), and the fact that mastering can be very expensive and laborious and slow down a release. NLOTH was released after Boy, October, War and JT remasters but is clearly inferior.

Back
Top Bottom