At U2 has been shut down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saddens me a bit. Another fan site bites the dust.

I never went into the oft-maligned forums over there, but the home page of @U2 was my U2 newspaper. Often used to visit to read (even recently) the various updates about the band. Functioned exceptionally well in that manner.

Best of all was in the lead up to new albums. It kept a super useful diary/tally of updates and potential songs relating to the new album, noting when working titles had turned or been incorporated into any songs. It was a handy one-pager.

This was something that Interference lacked since the U2Feedback parent site ceased, what 15 years ago?

Must say I didn’t know about @U2’s closure until today (U2’s announcement). Wish I visited in the weeks leading up to it’s demise and wish all the content was catalogued/archived somewhere.

It was the first website I went to that wasn't devoted to big breasts.

It's a shame that it closed down. It would have been cool if the site had stayed up but ceased to be updated because it had such an extensive catalog of news. It was valuable to future scholars of the band. Now they'll have to go hunt for that stuff themselves, but a lot of that stuff might not even be online anywhere. @U2 transcribed a lot of articles. The impermanence of the internet sucks.

I stopped visiting regularly around the time they launched their live show database, but visited religiously for years. At some point, I submitted an audio recording of what Pop/Popmart meant to me as part of a contest and won a gift card (to Amazon I think?).

Hopefully their archives will be... archived, and the few remaining fan sites will persevere.

will those people who couldn't handle discussion of anything U2 sang or spoke about be coming here?

I posted a comment mentioning that Interference was still around for fans who wanted to connect and multiple people replied that we’re jerks here and that it’s not moderated enough and that new members get abused.

Made me a little proud, tbh. :wave:

Can’t wait for the orphaned @U2 members to arrive and stumble into this thread.

Interference: come for the verbal abuse, stay for the sex puns

Back
Top Bottom