At U2 has been shut down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190115112015-trump-mcdonalds.jpg

Nugs from Your Table

At the Pittsburgh JT30, I was standing behind three or four women who (trying not to be mean, but were very archetypal MAGA types) starting flicking the band off and yelling "Fuck YOUUUUU!!!!!" during Ultraviolet's tribute to women. America is, much like Mona Lisa Sapperstein, the wwwooooOOoOOoOOooorrrrssssssttttttttttttt.

WOW!

I saw the exact same reaction at that exact same show in Pittsburgh. Only it was from a male, 50s, in front of me who had no reaction to anything until he stuck his middle finger up at Michelle Obama.

Now, without going on, I am in the camp that knew the night Trump was declared President-elect, that we were totally fucked. That his incompetence and autocratic tendencies would both cause events that had devastating consequences for us all. Of course, I couldn't have predicted the specific events, but here we are at the end of this nightmare.

Incompetence: COVID response.

Autocratic tendencies: Right wing extremism culminating in the events of last week.

So even knowing full well how these people that support Trump were, the Michelle Obama reaction at JT 30 really cemented the sickness for me!!

I didn't see anyone in what we can safely say is a 70% liberal crowd at a U2 show flip off Laura Bush or Condoleeza Rice.

Lots of first ladies have been well respected in the country regardless of politics. Michelle Obama was the epitome of class, grace, respect and intelligence. Why would you be making an obscene gesture at someone like that?

I'm afraid we know the answer all too well....... it's racism and misogyny. She represents everything they hate.

That middle finger said more to me about the "Trump voter" than any puff piece in the news devoted to trying to "understand" these people.

If say, some teacher type liberal and a corporate Democrat friend of hers went to the show with their anti-Trump Republican friend, I could see all 3 discussing the merits of Rice and the Iraq war and whether or not she should've been up on that screen over drinks after the show. They might all have different opinions, but none of them stuck their middle finger up at anyone.

These Trump people are in a totally different league that should be obvious to anyone after 1/6/2021.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom