Aside from Numb, what songs has The Edge written the lyrics for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He wrote "Seconds" if I'm not mistaken.

He came up with the idea for "Sunday Bloody Sunday" when Bono was on his honeymoon. And I think he wrote some of "Wake Up Dead Man."

Van Diemen's Land, the first part of Seconds, some of Miracle Drug and Numb.

I cant think of others...

I believe that several songs say "lyrics by Bono and The Edge," not just the ones that Edge sings in

Edge did the first verse of Seconds, which he sang, and the first verse of Wake Up Dead Man.

i am pretty sure he did the ....and you never knew stuff from please....much influence lyrically on Kite

How do you folks know which sections of songs The Edge wrote? I'd love to read those sources.

I quite like The Edge's stuff, except "Seconds". Eck!

I think Edge talks about writing the first part of WUDM in U2 By U2, he was talking about coming home from the last tour and feeling like that... (I hope I'm remembering right)

How do you folks know which sections of songs The Edge wrote? I'd love to read those sources.

I quite like The Edge's stuff, except "Seconds". Eck!

the "you never...." parts from please was from niall stokes book

All the lyrics for "until the end of the world" are credited to Edge too.

Er, what ? Entire AB is credited to Bono on the lyrics.

Edge wrote Numb, co-wrote Dirty day with Bono, started SBS (I believe Bono re-wrote the lines later), co-wrote Kite/Stuck/WILATW and is co-credited with Bono on Pop. Plus Van Diemen's Land (which Bono was supposed to sing). On Bomb he co-wrote Yahweh, LAPOE and Vertigo.

Er, what ? Entire AB is credited to Bono on the lyrics.

Edge wrote Numb, co-wrote Dirty day with Bono, started SBS (I believe Bono re-wrote the lines later), co-wrote Kite/Stuck/WILATW and is co-credited with Bono on Pop. Plus Van Diemen's Land (which Bono was supposed to sing).

and don't forget specifically the first part of Wake Up Dead Man lyrics, at least the first verse, not sure how much more. I know you mentioned co-credit for Pop but at least we know he definitely did that bit himself.

I would like the new album to have lyrics entirely by Larry Mullen. Now, that would be something different.

Sample song, "Our New Album": "I'm sitting here watching Elvis movies / and eating veggie burgers / The phone rings / it's that bastard friend of mine, Bono / asks me what the new album should sound like / and I say / like the Stones and Jimi / in 4-4 time."

Sample song #2, "Haircut": "Head to barber on Grafton Street / sit down and read the paper / Barber says, 'How do you want it Laurence?' / And I say, "the same as in 1978 and 1985 and 1994."

Can't you just see tens of thousands waving lighters while singing it in unison??

Back
Top Bottom