Aretha Franklin with Metallica and U2 MSG October 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not very nice to say. Most Metallica fans think U2 is crap but I like both bands. 2 Biggest Bands in the World. Both bands ruled the late 80's and 90's.

"Aretha Franklin headlines, with U2, METALLICA, and Eric Clapton". Talk about a weird line up. Anyway saw Metallica about a month ago in Mexico City, and they put an excellent live show. They're playing very good, Hetfied's voice has been really good lately (a huge improvement over their 2004 - 2007 tours I think), and they finally have good new material to tour on.

Snot/Booger Ball from Lars on the way for the camera's! Hey I've been petitioning for a U2/Metallica tour for 3 years no luck but now one night.:love:

I think it may have been last year that Pete Doherty said that he may shout but at least he doesn't use effects like James Hetfield. I think Pete is a festering plug of green slime. I used to like James. I used to quite fancy Lars Ulrich but now I think he looks like Chucky the killer doll.

At Obama's inaugeration they said that Aretha Franklin would be performing. They lied because they got someone else instead. They are liars and their pants are on fires.

I think it may have been last year that Pete Doherty said that he may shout but at least he doesn't use effects like James Hetfield.
Where do you come up with such randomness?

At Obama's inaugeration they said that Aretha Franklin would be performing. They lied because they got someone else instead. They are liars and their pants are on fires.

Do you think that was an impersonator???

I wonder if this is a one or two songs thing or if they are playing a larger set. Wouldn't want to spend 100 bucks for Boots and One.

I could however help mikal throw stones at Metallica.

I'm a huge fan of Metallica. I think I love them as much as I love U2. They are an amazing band. If they shared the stage with U2 I could die and go o heaven. I want that to happen. I want them to play together. They rock differently but they think very much alike. James Hetfield playing while Bono is singing? Adam playing a bass line in front of Lars? Larry and Rob locking in a beat? Edge and Kirk complementing each other with licks? Fucking paradise that would be for me.

I'm a huge fan of Metallica. I think I love them as much as I love U2. They are an amazing band. If they shared the stage with U2 I could die and go o heaven. I want that to happen. I want them to play together. They rock differently but they think very much alike. James Hetfield playing while Bono is singing? Adam playing a bass line in front of Lars? Larry and Rob locking in a beat? Edge and Kirk complementing each other with licks? Fucking paradise that would be for me.

That's how I feel. It will never happen again unless there is some type of U2/Metallica tour down the road. I've been praying for this for 4 years U2 and Metallica on the same stage.

For me, too !! :rockon: but I love U2 much more.

I second that. They should play The Fly together. Or imagine The Edge playing with Kirk the unforgiven and James singing the heavy verses and Bono the chorus. That would be awesome.

Or the Edge playing Creeping Death with Metallica and Aretha doing the "DIE, DIE!" part hehe now that would be funny

Do you think both bands will be playing complete sets or only one or two songs????

Back
Top Bottom