Arena's in the Round?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
With U2 apparently loving playing Stadiums in the "round" (stage more centred, more or less. at least they claim themselves the stage is close to centre of field), and with everyone speculating that the NEXT tour will probably be a back-to basics approach with an arena tour.... Do you think they will stick with the "round" idea and actually attempt an arena tour like this?

i must admit I'm not sure how good this would work. Sure, everyone would be closer to band, but i guess i'm a traditionalist, lol.

I came to express both the sentiments coolian just did. Indoor Elevation and Vertigo shows were played in the round... so yes, they would attempt something like this... and I hope that's what we're in for again next time around.

ok, I meant more like stage in centre of an arena (similar to some boy band acts, and tim Mcgraw for instance)

I would hope they keep the stage at one end like Elevation and Vertigo.

i was going to say who is Arena, but there's so many of you goddam grammar nazis i was easily beaten to the punch.

Be careful. We still have some punctuation fundamentalists waiting on the side.
Plus, it looks quite bad to comment on someone's grammar while making grammar mistakes yourself. (Hint: The word 'nazis' is plural). :p

Bono said in an interview a few months back before the Turin concert i think it was, when asked " Will the next tour be back to basis or even more crazier " or something like that, and he said " It will be back to basis but not right back to basis ". I can't actually remember the exact words but it was along them lines. So it will probably be an Arena tour, but with a unique simple stage of some sort.

As long as they continue playing stadiums in Europe I'm fine with it. I think a 'full' 360 thing would not happen, as I see one problem with that... how the hell would the band get on stage without getting mobbed by fans? Would there be a giant walkway for them so they have to walk through half the stadium to get on stage?

Back
Top Bottom