Are U2 really the "biggest band" in the world?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I also add to that.... good taste of music. In South Korea, i think majority of the people only hear bubblegum pop. So for a band like U2
with such high standard of quality of music, it is simply embarrasing to go
there. If I am wrong, you can tell me straight and I will make apology.

Otherwise, I will stand by my comment.

I'm under the impression that not everyone in a country of millions of people has the same taste in music. I've known of a few South Korean U2 fans.

"Have we got any Nickelback fans in South Korea?"

"......Do you want to hear some rock n' roll, or do you want to go home?"

I'm under the impression that not everyone in a country of millions of people has the same taste in music. I've known of a few South Korean U2 fans.

What U2 needs thousands of screaming fans who will starve for 1 day if
they have to get a ticket not a few number of fans.

Since you mentioned that you know a few Korean fans, please can you

confirm of U2's fanbase in Korea. Thanks in advance for reply.

What U2 needs thousands of screaming fans who will starve for 1 day if
they have to get a ticket not a few number of fans.

Since you mentioned that you know a few Korean fans, please can you

confirm of U2's fanbase in Korea. Thanks in advance for reply.

Hi buddy, where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, you said your country only listens to bubblegum pop, yet you listen to U2, don't you? Surely there are others the same.

I don't know how I can "confirm" their Korean fanbase, all I'm saying is that I've seen profiles from various U2 sites overtime in which the person was located in South Korea. I don't think it's just an ex-pat thing.

Umm...who decides what is good taste or bad? You are also describing what is popular in the US, UK and a lot of the other countries U2 are big in. They have boybands and "sexy ladies" too.

In US, UK where U2 is big, a significant or a sizeable chunk of people

madly love U2. They will travel a long distance to see a U2 concert.

This is not the case in India or Nigeria. That's why I stated that those
countries' musical taste is bad. You are not telling me that boybands or
Mariah Carey's music are for good taste,are you?

Hi buddy, where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, you said your country only listens to bubblegum pop, yet you listen to U2, don't you? Surely there are others the same.

I don't know how I can "confirm" their Korean fanbase, all I'm saying is that I've seen profiles from various U2 sites overtime in which the person was located in South Korea. I don't think it's just an ex-pat thing.

I am in a tiny minority in my country. That's why I am not very proud

of my country's musical taste. But overall I am very happy with my

country. Just lack of U2's music lover in my country bothers me.

I live in BANGLADESH..... just beside INDIA.

I wish U2 would play in my native country, but I don't think it will happen. :(

Why do people hate U2 so much? I never really understood that... I mean, one thing is to really don't care about their music but why the hate?? :huh: there's a lot of bands that I don't like (musically) but that's no reason to hate them... It's just my personal tastes...

What I don't get is that these days I see more hate by U2 fans - specifically on this forum (comments from crappy songs, crappy albums to how fat they are) than I do from any casual fan. In fact, the casual fans in my world are looking forward to U2's next album and seeing them on tour.

Then again, I've been stunned by the hatred of U2 by U2 fans for over a decade now. LOL! I wonder if Coldplay fans are this bad? :sexywink:

Coldplay and Duffy are outselling Madonna though

Amy Winehouse's last album has outsold the Bomb

James Blunt's debut outsold the Bomb (Even in Ireland!)

Plenty of albums outsell U2

Yep. And guess what, plenty of albums outsold U2 back in the late 80's and early 90's too. In 1987, JT was NOT the #1 album of the year (per Billboard). AB was easily outsold by Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

The difference is that U2 can continue big sales and sold out tours this far into their career. Few artists have been able to retain such big album sales as well as sold out tours for so long. As has been noted, even Madonna struggles. And that's what has made U2 the biggest artist so far.

I think the success of the next album and tour will determine if U2 has retained the title or if it's finally been passed on.

Well, they haven't sold the most albums. And they aren't the largest draw live. So, no.

Back
Top Bottom