Are U2 drug free?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry my english is not really good!
i read the story on a blog at the time. It can't be verified but the guy wrote he have followed the two etc... It can be possible unless you take drugs! So....

No offense but we've heard this time and time again. ONE person says they read some article twenty years ago, by someone they can't remember yet it can't be verified and no one else remembers it.

So I'm a little apprehensive to say, it's official Bono and Gavin stayed up without sleep for three days due to drugs.

Like I said, I'm not naive to think they've never tried this or that, but I do think people read WAY TOO MUCH into certain things.

That's not what your post said... that I would find highly unlikely.
charlie-sheen-gma-02-28-11-large.jpg

There was an article mentioning that Bono was having Swedish hash and champagne and a lot of people took that to mean that he was taking drugs. I looked up Swedish hash on Google and the results were a dish containing fried potatoes, meat, and eggs. And no drugs. I think that's where the hash rumor came from, because there were discussions about it on a forum somewhere back when I first got into U2.

oh my god that is hilarious! :lmao:

YouTube - 1995 Amnesty Party - Bono & Edge Interview

They're on pills (ecstasy) here. 1:54 onwards.

Edge's tight mouth and lack of eye contact, Bono's tone of voice and big black eyes

Sorry while I don't for a second doubt at all that they've done e, this video doesn't say e to me in the slightest bit. Edge looks punch drunk, if anything. Bono could be, but we can't see his eyes at all, not sure what you mean there..

For my money they are on E, especially Edge. It was their big club night at their own place lets not forget.

Haha, they are proper monged out and mellow though (probably been spliffing up more than likely than E). You don't get that after a huge session on the booze, although maybe that is the difference between British drinkers - just looking for the nearest fight - and elsewhere. "That feels nice doesn't it Edge?" :wink:

I do actually know someone who says he met a completely wasted Bono (in that way) on their Popmart stop in Sydney. He was out with Kylie Minogue. And from the same night, there's decent evidence he was right. Bono gave a live to air TV interview in Australia that night, and he was... befuddled, to say the least, through most of it. And I mean, completely distracted and odd. And much later he referenced that night in another interview and said something about falling down a rabbit hole or something. Me thinks he party too hearty that time. Its a shame that original live-to-air interview has never popped up online. It was very funny.

:lol: Yeah I think they partied good and proper throughout the 90s, and why the hell not?! As for it not popping up online anywhere - probably the U2 PR-machine pouncing on it like quite a lot of other things most likely.

That is my favourite U2 clip EVER. I've downloaded it and burned it onto a dvd. I've watched it a million times, and it still makes me laugh. There are stills from that night, after they left the party, I'm assuming, of Bono and Edge on the street, and it looks like Edge can hardly stand up. :lol:

Yes this one is a fave. :wink:

edgenBonoprepopfun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom