Are they one album away from being a crap band and outta here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are U2 on the brink of losing their relevancy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Based on Bono's statement:

"2 crap albums from us and we're outta here"..

Is U2 just one album away from Bono's prolific mantra?

Does the next album have to be huge like ATYCLB or JT, or can they slap together another compilation like Pop or Zooropa and coast along and win obligatory Grammys based on their name recognition alone and hang arong like REM?

Has their relevancy reached a crescendo and no matter what they do-they look old fat and tired?

What say you?

<>

I don't either. I think they're entering their awesome prog-rock phase.

At least now the U2 vs. Rush posts will mean something.

hmmm....I really don't know but I accidentally voted, any way to remove my vote? oh well :shrug:

I just want to know what baest means.

Yes, they "need another masterpiece," but I'm not sure ATYCLB fits that definition.

Is "baest" Australian for "best"? :wink:

Just why didn't you put in "none of the above?" I suspect because you knew you would be wrong not only about JT and ATYCLB, but about POP and Zooropa and REM.
Sorry, you're opinion poll for a never heard album, so let's diss it, wasn't so well received. Timing is everything. :wink:
Hope you're not surprised. You might want to check back next year
I'm almost certain you will find some supporters. :ohmy:

I honestly believe that this new album is going to be a classic.

Until the tour starts.

I think they need to hit the middle ground again. ATYCLB and HTDAAB sold ridiculous amounts, but didn’t exactly cause much of a ripple in the music world, and had (as evidenced here) probably as many people hating them (particularly the Bomb) as did love them. Albums like JT and Achtung hit the middle ground – wildly acclaimed and commercially insane. That would be great, although personally I’ll be happy for just brilliant music, whether it sells loads or not.

Does the next album have to be huge like ATYCLB or JT, or can they slap together another compilation like Pop or Zooropa and coast along and win obligatory Grammys based on their name recognition alone and hang arong like REM?
even though I love Zooropa I feel this about the most fair summary I've read here re. the position U2 is in

Pop and Zooropa are compilations?? :scratch:

this thread is all about starting a fight...
look at the options, all negative (in it's own way) and this: "masterpiece like War, JT and ATYCLB" instead of Achtung Baby
and if Zooropa and Pop are compilations than the word to describe real compilations: ATYCLB and HTDAAB does not exist

(unsubscribe/ignore)

You suck at poll options, Diamond.

*seconds*

Masterpiece like WAR jt and ATYCLB???

Why not just type Masterpiece as an option and let anyone fill in what THEY think is a masterpiece? With this you are sure a lot of people won't vote on that option because they don't like one of the three, or even like the album but don't consider it a masterpiece.

I find this so amusing. Whenever anyone else posts a thread based on their own opinions then people on this forum either laugh, agree or simply say I disagree. Whenever post a thread on what really bothers me about something U2 they derail my post, pretend they don't understand and slam me and say I'm not a fan. Yes I joined this forum to voice my concerns and I was shocked by your responses, however I've been a fan of theirs for as long as any of their fans my age.

I loved Pop so I'd say I became a fan of theirs since 1997, which may not be as long as some fans but then again never realized that there was any hierarchy whereby you've got to be fan for a certain length of time before you are can criticize them. I am very positive about U2, they have been and continue to be one of my favorite bands, and I feel even more positive about them ever since what I read something Edge said in Mojo magazine on Thursday and what Bonovoxsupastar told me 2 weeks before. I like what a community like this provides, I love the honesty from some members but I don't understand where all this aggretion comes from.

I've been a member/regular poster of many forums relating to music, sport or various random sites, but I can honestly say that some people on this forum can be rather abrupt at times. Even when I've joined sites with posters who's first language is not English, I've always found them gracious towards me, even if someones said something rude they've always apologised. Why is there so much anger on here?

I loved HTDAAB. I consider one of my favorite albums. I don't think it's their worst mistake of their career, you already know what I consider that to be, but at least it's not as big of a mistake as an album recorded for themselves. The fact that some of you on this forum don't like it is just an opinion and to post a poll like that entails that everyone is going to agree on one thing, that HTDAAB was crap. I don't agree with any of those statements on that poll. I don't think the Grammies are crap, sure the ceremonies take up what seems like an eternity but I think that's testiment to provide a recognition for the many types of music that is being made and all the people who work hard behind the scenes. Most awards are given to whose sold the most rather than creativity and I feel that the Grammies are an example of honours that are given to artists because their creativity. I was glad they won album of the year.

Another thing, I never liked ATYCLB that much. I preferred Pop and Zooropa. I can't listen to the album all the way through. The reason why it never won album of the year and HTDAAB did is because it wasn't as good.

I find this so amusing. Whenever anyone else posts a thread based on their own opinions then people on this forum either laugh, agree or simply say I disagree. Whenever post a thread on what really bothers me about something U2 they derail my post, pretend they don't understand and slam me and say I'm not a fan. Yes I joined this forum to voice my concerns and I was shocked by your responses, however I've been a fan of theirs for as long as any of their fans my age.

I loved Pop so I'd say I became a fan of theirs since 1997, which may not be as long as some fans but then again never realized that there was any hierarchy whereby you've got to be fan for a certain length of time before you are can criticize them. I am very positive about U2, they have been and continue to be one of my favorite bands, and I feel even more positive about them ever since what I read something Edge said in Mojo magazine on Thursday and what Bonovoxsupastar told me 2 weeks before. I like what a community like this provides, I love the honesty from some members but I don't understand where all this aggretion comes from.

I've been a member/regular poster of many forums relating to music, sport or various random sites, but I can honestly say that some people on this forum can be rather abrupt at times. Even when I've joined sites with posters who's first language is not English, I've always found them gracious towards me, even if someones said something rude they've always apologised. Why is there so much anger on here?

I loved HTDAAB. I consider one of my favorite albums. I don't think it's their worst mistake of their career, you already know what I consider that to be, but at least it's not as big of a mistake as an album recorded for themselves. The fact that some of you on this forum don't like it is just an opinion and to post a poll like that entails that everyone is going to agree on one thing, that HTDAAB was crap. I don't agree with any of those statements on that poll. I don't think the Grammies are crap, sure the ceremonies take up what seems like an eternity but I think that's testiment to provide a recognition for the many types of music that is being made and all the people who work hard behind the scenes. Most awards are given to whose sold the most rather than creativity and I feel that the Grammies are an example of honours that are given to artists because their creativity. I was glad they won album of the year.

Another thing, I never liked ATYCLB that much. I preferred Pop and Zooropa. I can't listen to the album all the way through. The reason why it never won album of the year and HTDAAB did is because it wasn't as good.

Well I think you may have started off on the wrong foot in here... You had some extreme views "lying cheating scumbag" based on nothing but a blog. You kinda harped on it by bringing it up whenever you chould in unrelated threads. And you have to admit if you went back and read some of your posts they must have been written in haste because some of them ARE incoherent, I don't think anyone was pretending not to understand.

Granted I admit the fact that you were new didn't help for it looked to some like you were intentionally trolling.

Lately, you've calmed down a bit and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as I'm sure others would be too...

Welcome.

Well I think you may have started off on the wrong foot in here... You had some extreme views "lying cheating scumbag" based on nothing but a blog. You kinda harped on it by bringing it up whenever you chould in unrelated threads. And you have to admit if you went back and read some of your posts they must have been written in haste because some of them ARE incoherent, I don't think anyone was pretending not to understand.

Granted I admit the fact that you were new didn't help for it looked to some like you were intentionally trolling.

Lately, you've calmed down a bit and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as I'm sure others would be too...

Welcome.

Thank you for your reply Bonovoxsupastar, I do appreciate it.

Yes you're right about some of my messages were written in haste and yes when I looked back at them they were incoherent. I've never been the best of typing when I'm angry and/or in a rush. I know I was trolling in a few threads but I apologize for that and I won't do that again.

Diamond, I hope you were just joking when you made this poll, the only thing I want to tell you and some others is that all this amount of negativity, day after day, thread after thread is not amusing anymore, really, at least to me, it's starting to look very sad.

Oh, by the way, I'm not interested in getting involved in a controversy.

Back
Top Bottom