Anybody remembers how good was this U2 concert in Moncton?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fpbrt

Babyface
One of my favourite shows from the 360 Tour
http://www.evergig.com/concerts/2011/07/30/Magnetic_Hill_Moncton/U2

u2x-large.jpg

I was driving from Ontario to Halifax that day and remember distinctly being able to hear the last notes of the concert and the crowd screaming from the highway as I drove past the Magnetic Hill exit. I was very, very sad that I missed it because if I had been able to leave a few hours earlier I would have been in a perfect spot to be able to go. :sigh:

ETA: also my you-know-what of an ex-wife thought the idea of leaving four hours early to make time to see a U2 show was the stupidest thing she'd ever heard (she hated U2, and it was strictly because I like them and any music I enjoy was automatically utter shit to her (which is extra hilarious considering what she actually listens to and thinks is good) - same thing with her and the Beatles even though every time a U2 or Beatles song came on in the car she would hum along and nod her head as if she was enjoying it :coocoo: ) and said not to bother trying because she would take the car and keep driving on without me if I got a ticket to the show. :grumpy:

That was definitely worth the drive up from Connecticut to see.

I saw six 360° shows in 2011, and Moncton is one of the two that really standout. The other was the show at MetLife, but all six shows in 2011 were awesome -- and better than the four in 2009 I saw. They just looked more comfortable and loose playing in 2011 than they did in 2009.

Worth the red-eye flight from Seattle to Boston, worth the 10 hour drive to Canada, worth the unexpected night in a hotel due to how long the drive took, worth sleeping in the car because there was no way in hell I was messing with a tent in that mud, worth the anxiety attack and subsequent sickness the next morning as I drove back ....

.... hearing Out of Control for the first time made all that worth it.

(mostly)

worth sleeping in the car because there was no way in hell I was messing with a tent in that mud

so much mud.

made all the more fun by the pitch-black trudge back to semi-civilization from the wilderness that is Moncton's Magnetic Hill.

large.jpg

I saw so many people lose flip-flops in the mud on the way out. :lol:

Getting away from the venue, just the walk back to camping/parking/buses was a nightmare. How can a place that big have just one exit route? It was awful. I felt for the people waiting for the buses.

Excellent show! One of the better ends to a U2 tour, I'd say!

Tempe 1987 is up there, though!

I'd like to echo what popacrobat said regarding the 2011 shows.

I saw 2 2009 shows and 2 2011 shows and they were much, much better all around in 2011.

My brother was living in Salt Lake at the time of the May 2011 show. He attended with one of our friends who is part of U2's tour security and said it was excellent. He likes U2 anyways, though not as much as me. He'd seen them before and knew how good they were live and said it stood out even by U2's high standards.

It seems like you hear the same thing from people about all of the 2011 shows.

U2 smashed it live in 2011! The only exception being Glastonbury....

Moncton was legit.

Me and two friends flew to Maine and drove up from there. So glad we did. Great show and very cool to be at the last night of the 360 tour. Never been to a closer. And I'll be at opening night for the U2ieTour! Finally got to hear 40 that night. I've chased them for several shows for Bad or 40. I got one... ready for Bad lol.

Yes, flip flops everywhere on the way out. Mud central.

Back
Top Bottom