Another 360° tour DvD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This production desrves to be better documented than the Rose Bowl release. And whoever the director of that film was, I wouldn't use him again. When I saw the show in person, I was far more dazzled/blown away than what I saw on the Rose Bowl film. Most of the show's signature setpiece moments were missed. Too many close-in shots at key moments when panoramic wide shots were needed. Good sound though.

It would be great if they released a 2nd film (a la U2 Go Home) that captures 360 better. I will buy 10 :D

Agreed. It's too dark overall, and you miss the big Claw moments (like COBL - how the fuck do you miss that? Like we couldn't miss three seconds of Bono running around the catwalk to catch the explosion of lights?).

Some of the bootleg multicams are really great, but many of them miss the wide angles, so you miss the Claw bits on those as well. some of them use some wide angles, which is cool.

Exactly, the director of a 360 film (and U2 themselves, having spent all that money!) needs to realise:

The ultimate star of this show is the Claw (fuck that space station horseshit - sorry, I'm just not getting it!
icon42.gif
)

(like COBL - how the fuck do you miss that? Like we couldn't miss three seconds of Bono running around the catwalk to catch the explosion of lights?).

COBL was un believeable! Seriously, i was in complete awe, as i think were most people around me. :drool::drool::drool:

Afterwards i wanted to go and buy Willie Williams a beer. Seriously, WTF!!

My dad and I went crazy when that explosion of lights in COBL happened. Everyone around us was like "WHOA!". It was incredible. One of the highlights of the night.

And yeah, I wish the DVD had captured it. :sad: :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom