Announcement on Oprah.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooperson

Refugee
David Foster, Bono and Will. I. Am to collaborate on song for Inauguration.

My Mom just heard this on Oprah. It's gonna premiere on her show Monday.

:shrug: I guess it's not for Sunday if she says it will premiere on Monday. Maybe they'll perform it Tuesday.

Hahaha, I totally predicted that the first response would be exactly what you just posted. Yeah, we need more DETAILS! Anyone have any more info?

Another prediction of mine happens! I knew it!! :D
They are doing a star studded collaboration...sing a long ala "we are the world" minus the gloved one.
Bono and Will.i.am wrote it ( new song , I think it's called American Dream or something like that....) with David Foster to mark the historic occassion. That's the first premiere. The teasers for Monday's show say 2 world premieres, so the 2nd one might be Bono with the band? I doubt it, but you never know...

Excuse me whilst I take a hot poker and gouge my eyes out with it.

I'll be pissed if some real U2 material isn't played on Sunday.

I am personally sickened that Oprah has chosen this week to get in on the celebration and use her show as a platform to bring the politics and fanfare to the world. Obviously I am not an Obama fan, nor am I an Oprah fan. Since Oprah's insistence she was not going to use her show as a political platform she has done exactly that.

No reason to attack me, I am not attacking anyone here, merely stating my feelings.

Lastly, regarding the entire Inauguration, it is my hope that the overall cost for the festivities don't over-exceen any other inaugural celebrations. I feel it would be wrong to spend so freely today especially when looking at the state of our economy. I'm just sayin.

yeeeeeahhh Carek... Your signature says it all really. or rather asks it all. I don't care about your hopes for the inauguration. I'm not attacking you just stating my feeling.

Sorry Sicy I didn't know that the PLEBAns had more info. It's ok to have this one in ETYKIW though right?

EDIT: I just don't feel the need to use this thread to make a cheap shot because you don't like the person being inaugurated. If there, in fact, is a ridiculous amount of money spent on the Inauguration then maybe you can express your grievances in the appropriate forum. No need to jump the gun, especially here.

And I thought it couldn't get any worse.

awww shucks, maybe it's just not your year. nor the next 8 yrs. :wave:

So does the actual inauguration (on Tuesday) consist of more than just the swearing in part? is it possible that this song could be performed during the ceremony?

Sorry Sicy I didn't know that the PLEBAns had more info. It's ok to have this one in ETYKIW though right?

No worries. Normally we dont allow cross posting of topics in multiple forums, but since PLEBA is like a different planet from the rest of the forum, we may make exceptions.

awww shucks, maybe it's just not your year. nor the next 8 yrs. :wave:

So does the actual inauguration (on Tuesday) consist of more than just the swearing in part? is it possible that this song could be performed during the ceremony?

I don't think that the band (or Bono) will sing at the swearing in.
It's my understanding that there is a very tight schedule they keep for the pre-game :) and the names of the performers for that ceremony have been released already. The swearing in is done exactly at noon eastern time. Then immediately after the march to the White House down Pennsylvania Ave, he is having lunch with some of the Congressional leaders.
I love the parade down Penn Ave! I will be there waving:wave: instead of protesting like I did in 2005 at Bush's last inaugural haha!! That was fun!!!! It was very peaceful and cathartic in a time when there was no hope to be found.

please take your political views to FYM where it belongs.. Sorry but I am tired of seeing these posts in the wrong place it is truly getting on my nerves!:grumpy:

In all fairness, you likely wouldn't be so tired of seeing these political views if they mirrored your own.

Regardless, I agree with you. Political discussion should stay where it belongs; in FYM. For better or worse, this thread is for discussing Bono's (almost certain to be hokey) new song about working towards a dream, with the power of will.i.am.

u2's new album sounds like it could be exciting, but fuck me over sideways... could bono have done anything lamer than this?

i mean honestly... rick astley? there'd be some coolness involved with that. it's a bit old by now, but still.

the black eyed peas are one of the worst pop acts in the world today, and as cliche ridden as bono has become over the years i can only imagine him amalgamating them to form the lyrical base of what could very well become the most sterile and unimaginative pop song ever recorded.

with such low expectations (i'll go so far as to try and NOT hear it), i suppose i could only be surprised in a positive way.

I don't think I've ever found any of these special event songs to be much good (collaboration or not), and I don't expect much from this one either. Actually they tend to be cringe-worthy. But...it's just one song, so even if it is dismal (which I expect), it should be easy enough to ignore. :shrug:

In all fairness, you likely wouldn't be so tired of seeing these political views if they mirrored your own.

Regardless, I agree with you. Political discussion should stay where it belongs; in FYM. For better or worse, this thread is for discussing Bono's (almost certain to be hokey) new song about working towards a dream, with the power of will.i.am.

actually no I would still feel the same way LM, if a political discussion(s) shows in a thread (and forum) where it really doesn't belong I would definitely suggest that they go to FYM and discuss it there.. In all fairness you really don't know me to make that assumption but I respect what you are saying though..

I am personally sickened that Oprah has chosen this week to get in on the celebration and use her show as a platform to bring the politics and fanfare to the world. Obviously I am not an Obama fan, nor am I an Oprah fan. Since Oprah's insistence she was not going to use her show as a political platform she has done exactly that.

No reason to attack me, I am not attacking anyone here, merely stating my feelings.

Lastly, regarding the entire Inauguration, it is my hope that the overall cost for the festivities don't over-exceen any other inaugural celebrations. I feel it would be wrong to spend so freely today especially when looking at the state of our economy. I'm just sayin.

I heard the price tag for the whole production is about $160,000,000 USD.

Back
Top Bottom