And now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never want to hear this shamelessly self-conscious attempt at arrogant Americana show-offiness again. Absolute rubbish.

.... what?
What I mean is that U2 shifted from trying to make innovative music to trying to write a traditional sounding rock song that was supposed to sound familiar. It is also very cocky without being interesting. All the "yeah! yeah! yeah!" and the music is just awful. Ditto "All Because of You".

Although The Fly is harsh sounding, it has so much more to it. I really miss that U2.

Okay, that makes more sense than "arrogant Americana show-offiness."

I don't agree with you, but that makes more sense.

I dont see what makes this better than any other live version TBH. Theres not much about Vertigo that changes when its live. Its one of the more constricted U2 songs I think.

Though I like the camera work, theres 30% more Larry than usual filmings. :yes:

Bono's hair was awful back then! He looks much better now. That's about my only observation- the song sounds pretty similar to how it's always done.

Shorter hair makes him look so much younger!

I agree...I think he looked great with the longer hair on Elevation, but he looks much better with shorter hair now.

Good version, probably not the best version, I prefer the concert versions with snippets and the like. But Vertigo rocks live, and I'll pay everyone on Interference a dollar if it doesn't get played this tour. There's no way they wouldn't play it.

I'm not exactly going to go as far as Muldfeld (thank God). But I have pretty much no respect for any version of Vertigo.

He looks a bit like the Joshua Tree Bono.

glasses.jpg

For your own good.

Back
Top Bottom