An Evening With Bono and The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watch out for that Adam - he looks like the kind who'll snap a wet towel at your nekkid ass.

Steved1998 said:
Maybe they'll be walking around in the nude in the lockerroom like the old men do at my gym.. Bring a camera for all the pleabians

Yes plz.

Also, I wish I had gotten to my computer before this thing sold out. :grumpy:

So this is a Spiderman promo thing?

Well, there goes my hope of a "Cedars of Lebanon" acoustic

If they do, it will be one song, acoustic, but that's about it - I would not expect any more than that.

i would def agree whast that ....

Patti Smith when she was at both
B & N pre memoir, and a year or so later at
the Main Library in NYC b/c she had just
published her memoi of her and Mapplethorpe....
she and Lenny Kaye (who was w her on the
sidelines) did 2 acoustic versions of the PSG songs!

Have a great time anyone who is going !!! :hyper::hyper:

Hi, I have 4 extra tickets to the event tonight, in the balcony. Willing to sell individually or in any combination, at $25/each (normally $35/each, so discounted).

If anyone wants them, please EMAIL me at u2fannyc@yahoo.com. (Do not PM me-- I will not be checking interference.) I will be at the event tonight, so can arrange to meet you there. Thanks!

Thanks!

bonoedgehug92Y6-13-2011.jpg

:cute:

In a rush, so this must be short. I think that was one of the best Bono/Edge interviews I've ever seen. It was very in depth and didn't require them to answer in sound bites. They were great. Funny, thoughtful, smart. All the things we love them for.

Sometimes I kick myself for checking in to this site everyday. But getting tickets for last night made me feel like it is worth it.

awesome.

did they talk at all about new u2 music? or was it mainly about Spidey?

I'm listening to it again. They were so funny last night. I managed to get one pic at the end of the show.

It was an excellent and inspiring discussion. They were surprisingly humble and honest as they talked about some of the production challenges that Spiderman faced. The analogy that Taymor was the astronaut and they were the two monkeys in the capsule was hysterical. They also brought up the fact that their NASA burned down when the producer died. Bono made a great point that before things went bad things were going great.
He also made an excellent observation that music has become "like tapwater" and lost a lot of value while the band see music as a sacrament. It was well worth my $30 ticket to see two masters speak.

I thought the thing about when the record label guys were fired or whatever and they were like get rid of the drummer and we'll sign you was hysterical.

awesome.

did they talk at all about new u2 music? or was it mainly about Spidey?

Focus was on Spidey about half the time. Rest was more general about their music, history and their overall creative process, no talk at all about what new U2 stuff they've been working on...

The best was:

We have 2 rules of our band: no golf, don't sing in tights :lol:

You just want to see the rich rock star slip on a banana skin...

We've got good manners, we're fun, but we are mother fuckers..What I mean is we are very serious about what we do, really, deadly serious!

I also love how Bono said that he's outgrown the fame although its nice to get a good seat in a restaurant :heart:

Did anyone by chance get pics of Bono pre show when he met fans or any video? I got some, not sure if anyone else did?

I was so excited when my question was picked but damn I wish I could have asked it myself! LOL

254187_10150276789921565_572636564_9128449_7075311_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom