An Cat Dubh (Best Live - Chicago)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addicted To Bad

Refugee
... lost on the Horizon staring at the sun!
A friend of mine had never seen U2 (just listened some musics) and he got home yesterday at the moment I was watching this live performance. Well... he got shocked.. and said "Wow..
is this U2? :ohmy: :applaud:

Where you there ??? Is this the best An Cat Dubh live performance..?

YouTube - An Cat Dubh-Into the Heart (Chicago 2005) - U2

(My friend called to tell me he´s just bought the DVD today and he is :rockon:)
Well... I think U2 has one more fan..:up:

_

Not really, there were a lot of shows where he didn't bring a kid up.

So what? Bono said he wanted to do this because the kid is a symbol of innocence. I liked the kids on stage more than the girls he was getting cozy with every night.

NOT THE CAT. ANYTHING BUT THE CAT. :scream:

Everything but that was awesome. Those out there who honestly believe that Bono can't sing the early songs anymore are completely wrong.

Is this the best An Cat Dubh live performance..?

No. But it is a very good one.
I prefer the one in Boston, March 1981. It never officially appeared on CD (although it did officially appear on a freebee cassette with the NME in 1981). Quite a few tracks from that show did (see also the bonus disc of the remastered October).

:)

It's a good performance, but I think I like Boy era performances of it better. Bono's voice worked a little better for those songs back during the early 80s, though it still sounds great on the Vertigo tour versions. The boy on stage is pretty cool, I get the message :). Bono's voice has so many phases, some of them work better on certain songs than others. Like for instance, the Joshua Tree era Sweetest Thing---not nearly as good as the Best Of era version...in my opinion. But regardless of how his voice changes, its still undeniably Bono, and I love it either way :D

Not really, there were a lot of shows where he didn't bring a kid up.

So what? Bono said he wanted to do this because the kid is a symbol of innocence. I liked the kids on stage more than the girls he was getting cozy with every night.

Because if he does it once, it's good and supposed to be improvised/sponatenous. Do it more than once, it's just a lame, cheesy stage trick.

Because if he does it once, it's good and supposed to be improvised/sponatenous. Do it more than once, it's just a lame, cheesy stage trick.

This is not about being spontaneous, this IS part of the show. Bono said he was doing it because he wanted to portray innocence by having a child on stage. I am refering to the performances Cat Dubh/Into the Heart and to COBL, where he sometimes did this as well, NOT to Bloody Sunday, because this is a totally different thing.

I don't know about the best, but i love the early u2 working the audience unfamiliar with the material, winning them over by sheer exuberance, too bad Bono takes his shirt off, some things we don't need to see

YouTube - An Cat Dubh - Into The Heart Us Fest 1983-05-30

The only thing I don't like about early U2 shows is Adam's habit of popping excessively. Great performance overall, though. :up: At least there were no cat imitations.

You are joking right?? I have never been so embarrassed for Bono than during this song. Seriously, acting like a cat??? Its so lame and cringeworthy.

the vertigo versions of this song are the best in my oppinion hands down they sound so fresh and I think bono sounds better on them than he ever did before

sarcasm missed nicely

"Cat" is in the title. Pretty clever!

Almost as clever as doing a drug addict impersonation during a song about drug addiction. Or waving a white flag during the anti-war message song. Or doing that lame anti-Guantanamo-Iraq war/POW act during BTBS during the last tour.

I don't know about the best, but i love the early u2 working the audience unfamiliar with the material, winning them over by sheer exuberance, too bad Bono takes his shirt off, some things we don't need to see

YouTube - An Cat Dubh - Into The Heart Us Fest 1983-05-30

The drums part and Bono´s energy = :up:

I just don´t understand why the "shirt off" part can be so disappointing for some people since it´s part of many rock stars behaviour in response of the audience´s heat..:cute: and he was very young ... The problem will be in case he decides to take his shirt off in the next tour..:huh:

No. But it is a very good one.
I prefer the one in Boston, March 1981. It never officially appeared on CD (although it did officially appear on a freebee cassette with the NME in 1981). Quite a few tracks from that show did (see also the bonus disc of the remastered October).

:)

Oh..thanks! I´m gonna check it, for sure. Hope I can find it..:wink:

I like the way bono holds out into the heeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaart of a child on the vertigo versions personaly he never realy held the note very long in any of the earlier preformances I have seen

I prefer 10 times the early versions.... the Vertigo one is not even close to any 1980-83... Look at how Larry became lazy and boring!!!!

It was still a very nice (surprise) performance during Vertigo....

I liked the way Bono sang it during Vertigo tour. The performance has a certain darkness about it and I think it was great they brought the old stuff back. I want more of that for the next tour.

And you can say about his "acting" what you want, some of it makes me cringe, all right, but Bono isn't exactly known to be subtle. :lol:

The drums part and Bono´s energy = :up:

I just don´t understand why the "shirt off" part can be so disappointing for some people since it´s part of many rock stars behaviour in response of the audience´s heat..:cute: and he was very young ... The problem will be in case he decides to take his shirt off in the next tour..:huh:

Bono on stage is basically a cringeworthy moment waiting to happen...and then they inevitably do. But he's our bono, so I long ago decided to embrace all of his antics...and I found it very liberating!

Back
Top Bottom