"America's Song"...better move fast to download it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For those of you not in the know, recently Bono (along with a cavalcade of who-gives-a-crap celebrities) contributed vocals to a performance of a new (rather overwrought, IMO) song called "America's Song" on Oprah's talk show. An official 192kbps free download of the track is available today only!; go here: ..:: U2Wanderer.Org - U2 Discography and U2 Lyrics ::... Look at the 1/19 news update, right click on the link that says "free download" and select Save As.

What are you still doing here??? Go do it now, before it's gone!!!
Not available anymore. :(
You guys peaked my interest. Anyone willing to help out? :hmm:

It's horrible. I listened to it on Oprah's site, and could not stop laughing, as it was so bad. :lol: Definitely a cheese-fest.

I don't remember the lyrics, but it was a "Yay, America! Woo!" kind of song.

It's horrible. I listened to it on Oprah's site, and could not stop laughing, as it was so bad. :lol: Definitely a cheese-fest.

I don't remember the lyrics, but it was a "Yay, America! Woo!" kind of song.

Pssst :shh: I think a few people are a little over-excited. I don't really understand why some celebrities have to go on boringly about how honoured they feel and grovel about how pathetic and crap they are in comparison (its like they have no self-respect) and become so obsequious. (Is that spelled right?) :coocoo:

I don't mean ANY of U2 are like this. :bow:

I'm still afraid to hear it
Somebody tell me what to do!!!!!

This song is indeed terrible.... I can't imagine another country praying and claiming so loud that they are the best in the world....

I still like the US, having lived there for 4 years, but I don't like this patriotism

This song is indeed terrible.... I can't imagine another country praying and claiming so loud that they are the best in the world....

it is a bit odd, indeed. but what's far more odd is seeing other people such as singers like bono do this claiming themselves.

Ok so the lyrics and the premise suck, true. But Seal can still really belt it out.

And damn, MJBs voice is ON these days. Based on recent shows, I'd say it's probably the best she's been live in a long time.. :drool:

I don't like the cringeworthy rah-rah America crap however (hence my similar dislike for THTBA :doh: )

I still like the US, having lived there for 4 years, but I don't like this patriotism

Patriotism is fine but to see people get so worked up that they completely lose it and totally stop making sense is something else entirely. They take it too far, to the point of extreme vulgarity. (I'm English and we don't do this at all and don't particularly like the French because they ARE very nationalistic. I do actually like the French, I think they have alot to be proud of).

But it's like Bono is embarrassed one minute by American 'patriotism' and self-importance and please try to be nice to the rest of the world guys 'cause some people hate you and then the next minute he's right there with them! And I know why. When he's honouring Obama, Obama(and AMERICA) is honouring him right back which triggers Bono's own egotism and OFF THEY GO!!! It wouldn't be natural for Obama not to get a bit carried away by the sudden injection of power, and the achievment of his ambition. He'll calm down!

Ok so the lyrics and the premise suck, true. But Seal can still really belt it out.

And damn, MJBs voice is ON these days. Based on recent shows, I'd say it's probably the best she's been live in a long time.. :drool:

I don't like the cringeworthy rah-rah America crap however (hence my similar dislike for THTBA :doh: )

Yes the oh-so-calculated 'please give me an Oscar Uncle Sam'! :wink:

(I like Seal too)

holy fuck, ok this is an absolutely stunning vocal by Bono in the below video. It's short and he doesn't even sing much, but HOLY SHIT!!!! I get the chills like crazy every time I hear Bono....listen especially from 54 seconds to 1:00....when he sings "America" and breaks the word up into the 4 syllables....WOW!!!!

Ok, if his voice is like this on the new record, I might pass out. :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwstyW2isk&NR=1

Back
Top Bottom