Alternate Breathe - DO NOT POST REQUESTS HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People on other U2 fanboards are already discussing the vinyl, someone said OL is the "video version" (with fadeout :|) and "Breathe" is a totally different version, very reduced, kind of a "banjo" version. I don't know more, though, sorry.

It's hard to believe that no one here has received the vinyl yet?!

A friend of mine has been able to buy it in a Berlin recordstore. He says there's a download link coming with the release that is valid for a year and the Breathe version is orchestrated with a lot of instruments and sounds "kind of" acoustic. No banjo, though :shrug:

This is really cool to have. Very much its own thing. I like the atmospheric xylophone-y thing.

Sounds a little more convincingly badass to me, somehow, stripped down, even with the more sentimental verse lyrics.

And Bono is sounding really strong I think.

The lyrics are heartfelt and clunky (you can see why they went with those on NLOTH), but it sounds very cool. I appreciate the chords and the melody more than in the original.

This is one of the better U2 acoustic efforts, for sure.

So great b-side, I'd love to hear it live on an electric version that kept the mood of this version (and the backing vocals).

Interesting version, very different from the album version. I prefer the NLOTH version but it's cool to have this new, semi-accoustic version of Breathe as well. I like Bono's singing and some of the lyrics sound quite cool, at least the ones I have been able to figure out.

I really wish that I could hear a full electric version of Breathe done this way.

So is it the same version from the South Africa documentary that we heard back in February? (We had a version that was cut between an interview.) Which is what was being shared in the thread that everyone is requesting in now? The lyrics were also in the NLOTH box set I think.

So is it the same version from the South Africa documentary that we heard back in February? (We had a version that was cut between an interview.) Which is what was being shared in the thread that everyone is requesting in now? The lyrics were also in the NLOTH box set I think.

It's not. I just assumed that everyone posting in that thread was now requesting the version of Breathe that leaked today, so I sent that out.

Thanks Super yo and digitize. Cool, so it's another version completely, interesting! That's the third totally different version we've heard then I guess.

A friend of mine has been able to buy it in a Berlin recordstore. He says there's a download link coming with the release that is valid for a year and the Breathe version is orchestrated with a lot of instruments and sounds "kind of" acoustic. No banjo, though :shrug:

Do you know if the download link is for both Ordinary Love and Breathe?

There's a download link floating around on twitter (and also in this forum - via request in "Music on the Internet") that's only for Breathe.

Do you know if the download link is for both Ordinary Love and Breathe?

I just got it! The vinyl comes with a download link for both songs! Breathe sounds awesome. It's very stripped down. I really like!

Back
Top Bottom