All U2.Com Related Discussion HERE Artificial Horizon, Duals etc. pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so I totally snoozed on renewing my u2.com membership this month :doh:, and now I want/need to renew. I'm not concerned about losing the $10(?) renewal discount, but I'm worried I'll be considered a brand new member and end up in the back of the bus on presales, etc. Anyone have any experience with this situation? I think it's only lapsed for a few days...

Maybe these two old posts will help answer your question:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...izon-update-pt-2-a-196894-56.html#post6658161

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...on-u2-com-re-design-189923-6.html#post5603588

:happydance::loveshower::yippie:

Just got home and my CD was in the mailbox!!! Listening to it now as we speak!!! :hyper: So there is hope for all my fellow New Englanders!!!

It came , my CD came . :yippie: I was afraid mine was lost in the mail because we've been having trouble with our mailman giving us someone else's mail and who knows where ours has been going .

And it's so pretty . :love:

OMG, finally :hyper:

My heart almost sank, though, when I took it out of the mailbox. The package was slightly bent and I thought for sure the CD would be damaged, but it's fine. *phew*

Loving the Beautiful Day instrumental..anyone else hearing the Crazy Tonight Live 360 tour remix version throughout the BD instrumental?

I think the mp3 is only the Snow Patrol remix of UC.

yeah, can we discuss this for a second? The Snow Patrol remix of UC only available to subscribers willing to shell out $35.00 for the vinyl edition of a CD that already comes with our $40 (or $50) subscription? Seriously?

yeah, can we discuss this for a second? The Snow Patrol remix of UC only available to subscribers willing to shell out $35.00 for the vinyl edition of a CD that already comes with our $40 (or $50) subscription? Seriously?
Hmm I understand your point..but oh well, we can buy it or just ignore it. the triple vinyl edition + mp3 is $30.00 for u2.com subscribers.

Artificial_Horizon-Vinyl.jpg

As you're familiar with the 2010 U2.com subscription offer, you already know about Artificial Horizon on CD.

But we wanted you to be the first to know that for eight weeks only this remix collection is now also being released as a triple vinyl collectors edition album set. And if you want to own this limited edition set you qualify for a $5 discount.

Please login to U2.com and click the Shop link to purchase the triple vinyl set at the special price of $30.

PRE-ORDER ARTIFICIAL HORIZON ON VINYL NOW AND RECEIVE AN INSTANT DOWNLOAD OF ANOTHER EXCLUSIVE TRACK - SNOW PATROL'S REMIX OF 'UNKNOWN CALLER'.

Artificial Horizon is presented in a customised gatefold sleeve and is ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL MAY 14TH. See the full tracklisting, hear clips and order your copy here.

Best wishes
The U2.com Team

(Please note: Subscribers to U2.com receive a 25% discount voucher to spend in the U2.com shop but this is NOT redeemable against the triple vinyl Artificial Horizon set.)

...:ohmy: ... it's pretty tho.... i like pretty... :ohmy:.... someone slap me before I press the order button... :der:

I'm boycotting. This blows. These remixes are nice as fan club remixes, which came with an already-paid subscription. But buying them again for a remix that they didn't put on the fan club version is just greedy to the point of being tacky.

I'm not sure I see the problem here. As far as I can see you'd be paying for the vinyl and all the packaging, and as an incentive they added a Snow Patrol remix of Unknown Caller which is an odd pairing. I guess it's more of a thank you to the collectors than anything. It's not as though the remix is included with the packaging, it's a download. i don't really take issue with this.

To me you're paying for the vinyl and novelty of the whole thing. :shrug:

I'm not sure I see the problem here. As far as I can see you'd be paying for the vinyl and all the packaging, and as an incentive they added a Snow Patrol remix of Unknown Caller which is an odd pairing. I guess it's more of a thank you to the collectors than anything. It's not as though the remix is included with the packaging, it's a download. i don't really take issue with this.

To me you're paying for the vinyl and novelty of the whole thing. :shrug:

Right. Some people enjoy and collect vinyl, some don't. Buying vinyl of any of U2's albums is a choice, so this is just an extra choice available to vinyl collectors.

I understand the whole collectors vinyl thing, but then why not let the subscribers that got the CD have the remix too? Why is it used as an incentive to order the vinyl?

Hmm... maybe that remix wasn't ready when the cd went to press. MAYBE the whole delay of AH is all Snow Patrol's fault!!! :wink:

I understand the whole collectors vinyl thing, but then why not let the subscribers that got the CD have the remix too? Why is it used as an incentive to order the vinyl?

I understand this sentiment. I just disagree. :wink: Why is it used as incentive? My guess is probably just because there has to be some extra kick to have a collector justify 30 smacks for something he just got for free besides just having vinyl. If it were a bunch of songs being withheld from the normal subscribers, I'd be more inclined to be upset, but it's just one and it doesn't sound terribly appealing to me anyway. If you collect all the vinyl records and whatnot, it's stuff that you'd have to pay for on a regular CD anyway. This isn't, so I don't really mind it being an extra treat for those who go above and beyond in their obsessive fandom.

Back
Top Bottom