All U2.Com Discussion HERE "Artificial Horizon" Update pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just keeps getting better. I now have TWO green presale codes though I used both for presales for the EU leg. :lol:

I won't use them, I'm a good girl. But still... :wink: Pretty nice failin' there.

Question for everyone-

I know tastes vary but on average, what are considered the best "seats" to have. Im thinking I have an opportunity to get GA tickets but are they the best or are 1st section tickets the best. I was in the 1st tier at Giants Stadium and they were good seats but the GA looked like a blast. When I ask this question, keep in mind I am not one for sitting at a concert, so the whole "you will have a seat if your not in GA" doesnt hold much value for me.

So, what do you think?
i actually quite liked the seats behind the stage. as long as you can deal with bono and the gang spending most of their time with their backs to you, it's all good. you're actually much closer to the stage than any other seat, and i think you get a bigger bang for your buck. i felt a much closer connection with them then actually, since i usually am sitting in the nosebleeds. this time i actually felt i was in the same zip code.

I renewed my membership since I knew fanfire wouldnt fix the rescheduled show issue on time for the presale.

got my new code, it worked as smoothly as possible for 4 GAs

just tried my old cold (which is red with a strike line through it) to see if I could get 2 tix from that code and it didnt work.

interesting to know what would happen for those that their used code is not red with the strike line. Id say even if it works now, the order would be cancelled when they get their acts together.

I renewed my membership since I knew fanfire wouldnt fix the rescheduled show issue on time for the presale.

just tried my old cold (which is red with a strike line through it) to see if I could get 2 tix from that code and it didnt work.

interesting to know what would happen for those that their used code is not red with the strike line. Id say even if it works now, the order would be cancelled when they get their acts together.
Based on your user name, I will assume that you are going to the meadowlands show. If that's the case then I will see you there cause I bought 4 GA's today too.

Yep, my used code that doesn't have the strikethrough works, although, I used my new code to buy the tickets. Not worth taking the chance.

It depends which venue, but if you have not tried GA you should at least once.

Alright Sicy, I got my 4 GA's this morning. I have two questions for you or anyone who knows about GA tickets

1-What time should I get to the stadium on the day of the concert? I dont need to be up against the guard rail but for "close to the stage" seats.

2-Are GA's usually the 1st tickets to sell-out (e.g. hardcore fans typically). Im just trying to get an idea of the type of person I will be around that night. Seats in the stands are hit or miss with fans. Sometimes you have people who want to sit the whole time or just stare at the stage and other times you have people who sing along and are pumping their fists. I personally like "atmosphere", you know, people excited and singing and chanting, ect....

I know there are faq's but I'm too lazy to look up :lol: can some tell me where we enter the pre-sale code? Ticketmaster site?

You enter it on the Ticketmaster site. There will be a box next to where you select how many tickets, etc.

Alright Sicy, I got my 4 GA's this morning. I have two questions for you or anyone who knows about GA tickets

1-What time should I get to the stadium on the day of the concert? I dont need to be up against the guard rail but for "close to the stage" seats.

2-Are GA's usually the 1st tickets to sell-out (e.g. hardcore fans typically). Im just trying to get an idea of the type of person I will be around that night. Seats in the stands are hit or miss with fans. Sometimes you have people who want to sit the whole time or just stare at the stage and other times you have people who sing along and are pumping their fists. I personally like "atmosphere", you know, people excited and singing and chanting, ect....

Congrats! I like to do both seats and GA as every spot is a different experience. You do need some stamina though for GA. I dont do the whole camping out or waiting in line all day thing, its too much for me. You can easily get to the line in the afternoon and get a good spot, or even get into the pit. Many have been able to still get into the pit at 5:30/6:30 etc.

GA crowds are usually very energetic. With seats its hit or miss. You could be sitting next to a great group of people that are really into the show, or you could be sitting next to a group of people that just sit there like zombies lol. Read some of the threads in this forum to get a better idea:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f307/

Also you may get some good info from this thread:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f304/ga-discussion-camera-policies-etc-198674.html

OK I searched and didn't find an answer in either U2.com FAQs or Interference.

I'm trying to use my 25% discount coupon for U2.com before it expires. I tried to use it to renew, nothing except, "not applicable for this code - renewal bundle". I tried to use it to purchase new Unforgettable Fire cd/dvd package. Nope, it's handled through Amazon and it does not recognize the code. Tried to order a t-shirt, "sorry - updating inventory". Could being an economical U2 fan be any more frustrating???:madwife:

Oh the old days of Propaganda :sad: I miss you so much!!!!

With the new dates for NJ and Miami it would appear the band have invested in a 4th claw:lol:

You are in the HORIZON priority group.

Click the links below for the ticketing site, then enter your presale access code at the ticketing site:

HORIZON GROUP
Anaheim (6 June 2010) Tues. 3 Nov. 10AM local
Denver (12 June 2010) Tues. 3 Nov. 10AM local
Chicago (6 July 2010) Tues. 3 Nov. 10AM local
Miami (9 Sept. 2010) Tues. 3 Nov. 10AM local
New York (19 Sept. 2010) Tues. 3 Nov. 10AM local

Presale column missing on U2.com

Hey, does anyone know why the presale column is now missing from the tours page on U2.com? Is it because they had public on-sales today? :scratch:

I logged in to see if there was any new info on upcoming presale dates (no emails yet but should I trust that...:shifty:...) The presale columns are missing completely. :eek: All that's there is the Packages column and the Public On-sale column.

Any one have any info?

I think there are no columns because there are no presales going on right now. I'm sure when they announce the next city's presales the columns will be back up.

I'm sure you're probably right since I don't visit U2.com frequently enough to know what it looks like in between presales.

Thanks so much, Ramblin! Hope to meet you next year.

anyone renew in the last couple of days? is the code generator working? do you get the code right away?

About the presales, the columns all say either ended or TBC but it does have this at the top of the page:

INFORMATION FOR THE 2010 SHOWS

The presales this week for Anaheim 2, Seattle and Philadelphia:
Horizon Group - Tuesday 10AM local
Breathe Group - Tuesday 3PM EST/2PM CST/1PM MST/12PM PST
Boots Group - Wednesday 10AM EST/9AM CST/8AM MST/7AM PST
Magnificent Group - Wednesday 3PM EST/2PM CST/1PM MST/12PM PST
Presale ends - Thursday 5PM local

re-stocking of shirts on u2.com SHOP

I made the mistake of hesitating to buy some shirts I want form u2.com's SHOP and now I see my size option has disapeared.

One is a tour shirt (loose electricity) and one is an olderer standard Pop Lemon shirt.

My question is, have you ever seen a size option disaper temporarily, only to re-appear when a new shipmart is made, or once its gone, its gone for good.

Thanks,

My question is, have you ever seen a size option disaper temporarily, only to re-appear when a new shipmart is made, or once its gone, its gone for good.

Thanks,

Shirt sizes from the current tour or album may occasionally reappear, but that Pop lemon is likely gone for good.

Re upping membership for 2010 tickets

I have gotten quite a few emails from U2 wanting me to send them 40 bucks for a membership that doesnt expire until April. I wonder how many folks are passing on U2 lame ticket club? Just got one today showing my code is not available etc......
I love to see how many folks have decided to just buy secondary tickets instead of adding to U2com coffers.
:reject:

There was a Pop Lemon t-shirt on U2.com???????? :doh: Crap I did not know that! I would've used my coupon on it! :sad:

Yep, and in a decent variety of sizes; now it's only in small, XL and XXL----if one of those is your size, it's only 20 bucks, so grab it! I'm ticked that I didn't get the Zooropa Baby shirt years ago. Now they only have it in small or something. :sigh:

And I'm also hoping that they re-up the blue U2360 shirt with the symbols....it was in sparse supply at the shows I went to, and now it's on my Christmas list (hey, get someone else to drop 30 bucks!), but it looks like I may be out of luck if they don't restock it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom