All U2.Com Discussion HERE "Artificial Horizon" Update pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it's always a risk as popular show sell out quickly. For Brussels I wouldn't take the risk if I were you, since the Dutch AND French crowd will also go after tickets for that show.
But I still think it's stupid paying 50 euro's for a show where you also pay at least 50 euro's for. That makes i more than 100 for one show.

That's my understanding. One presale code per subscription period.
yeah, that's what i'm assuming.

not to sound rude to anyone who's pissed about this, but personally i think it's fair to make those who used their codes during the europe/north america presales to renew. we were told from the get go how many tickets you could buy per year. it'd be a bit unfair for someone to get four more tickets this year for the same price as me, who will be using my four tickets when they announce the next north american dates.

I only just now got the email. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's confused. :doh:

FYI, my unused presale code is back in my profile on u2.com.

Mine too... Was missing there for a few days and I noticed today it was back. :up:

Still haven't gotten a single email about anything from them yet though. Even checked the spam folder (which I set for their emails to come through) and nothing in there either. :sad:

I thought the email said that if you used any part of your code before, you cant use it again. :confused:

(Please note: if you have a code partially used against 2009 North American shows, this is not valid against 2010 European shows, due to different ticketing platforms.)

Bit confussed here. So only european fans to renew The subscription?

Also I have a problem There on u2 com On the main page its showing I logged in on the fourm Its not so I click to sign in then it takes me back to the homepage on there i'm signed in but not on the fourm. Can some one here contact the mod by pm to help me please?

To save me going through all these pages, i used my pre-sale code for the first leg of europe, i take it i will not get it back again for the second leg unless i subscribe again?

Thanks in advance guys.

I thought the email said that if you used any part of your code before, you cant use it again. :confused:

I thought so too, but now my presale code is back when I log in to U2.com even though I bought two tickets earlier this year (for Europe). Does this mean, I can only use my current presale code if I want to buy tickets for a North American show? Or can I buy two more tickets for Europe?

I, like so many others it seems, am confused.

UPDATE: Just checked U2.com again and now my code is gone. Yesterday there was a code, but now it says:

YOUR PERSONAL PRESALE ACCESS CODE IS:
THIS CODE HAS BEEN USED.

This is kind of frustrating. Since I only bought two tickets for the European shows I would have thought it was fair to have two tickets left to buy, but I guess it doesn't work like that :( This is going to be an expensive U2-year.

To save me going through all these pages, i used my pre-sale code for the first leg of europe, i take it i will not get it back again for the second leg unless i subscribe again?

Thanks in advance guys.

That's correct.

This is kind of frustrating. Since I only bought two tickets for the European shows I would have thought it was fair to have two tickets left to buy, but I guess it doesn't work like that :( This is going to be an expensive U2-year.

I think they made this pretty clear. In Europe you could only use your code for one venue and in NA you could split the code. It's been this way since they gave the codes back in March and it was because in Europe there are mutliple ticketing systems which made it difficult to split the codes.

Form my u2 subscription:

Your subscription is set to expire on : 25 April 2010
As a paid-up Subscriber, please take a moment to update your profile information.

And, if you would like to renew your subscription early, and receive another presale access code for use in the upcoming presales.

This is wonkers man..... This is not a fan club it is a ticket agency trying to take every dime out of my wallet. Most bands would allow you to buy tickets as long as membership is paid up. If you decide to sell tickets a year in advance then dont try to get 50 more sterlings out of us PLEASE>>>>

I will pass and wait on people unloading tickets. I beleive the reason they do this is to lock up the money we might spend on other shows that aren't announced yet. Lets hope the Irish lads rethink this policy.

They can afford to sell us tickets with out a pre paid membership.....
They had more people then the pope in NJ what do they want more money then
Bill Gates>????
:down:

UPDATE: Just checked U2.com again and now my code is gone. Yesterday there was a code, but now it says:

THIS CODE HAS BEEN USED.

No, this is completely fair. You should have read the FAQ before buying your tickets last year.

It was ONLY possible to buy for ONE show in Europe due to us not being on all the same ticket selling organisations. So even IF you still had your code, it wouldn't work since you already used it to buy tickets with. It's how the system works, nothing U2 can do to change it.

I thought so too, but now my presale code is back when I log in to U2.com even though I bought two tickets earlier this year (for Europe). Does this mean, I can only use my current presale code if I want to buy tickets for a North American show? Or can I buy two more tickets for Europe?

I, like so many others it seems, am confused.

THIS CODE HAS BEEN USED.

I used 2 from my code for the last NA presale, and my code is still there. So yeah, I guess we can use the rest for future NA shows? I guess we will find out eventually. My sub expires in November so I guess I'm going to have to renew anyway. I never got my gift from last time either.

I used 2 from my code for the last NA presale, and my code is still there. So yeah, I guess we can use the rest for future NA shows? I guess we will find out eventually. My sub expires in November so I guess I'm going to have to renew anyway. I never got my gift from last time either.

They've made it clear that for NA you can still use your partially unused code. In fact if you renew in November you should get another code for 4 additional tickets which would give you the opportunity to buy 6 tickets for the supposed upcoming leg (for NA only).

They've made it clear that for NA you can still use your partially unused code. In fact if you renew in November you should get another code for 4 additional tickets which would give you the opportunity to buy 6 tickets for the supposed upcoming leg (for NA only).

You sound very sure. :wink:

I've only gone back a couple of pages. Here's what's unfair about being forced to renew now instead of near your anniversary date...

When you renew, your anniversary date is reassigned to the date you renew. They got me last time ie got my money early by forcing me to renew 2 months ahead of my actual subscription anniversary. So now my anniversary is say March 1 2010. Yet I must re-subscribe now? That's almost 6 months in advance, and then my anniversary now happens in September 2010? Basically then, I paid last time for 7 months of service and a presale code.

How is that fair, or am I missing something? Your renewal date should not change, they should be thanking you for renewing ahead of time and just leave your anniversary date to what it always was.

I've only gone back a couple of pages. Here's what's unfair about being forced to renew now instead of near your anniversary date...

When you renew, your anniversary date is reassigned to the date you renew. They got me last time ie got my money early by forcing me to renew 2 months ahead of my actual subscription anniversary. So now my anniversary is say March 1 2010. Yet I must re-subscribe now? That's almost 6 months in advance, and then my anniversary now happens in September 2010? Basically then, I paid last time for 7 months of service and a presale code.

How is that fair, or am I missing something? Your renewal date should not change, they should be thanking you for renewing ahead of time and just leave your anniversary date to what it always was.

Unless I have it wrong (which is very possible), my understanding is that they extend your subscription for a year. For example, my renewal date is Feb/10. If I renew now, I should be subscribed till Feb/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom