All Remastered - Limited Editions Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathan1977

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Amazon.com Exclusive Deluxe Box Set...

Anyone seen this already? Kind of interesting -- I wonder if the fourth unincluded album is Under a Blood Red Sky?

Amazon.com: U2 Deluxe Edition Box Set [Amazon.com Exclusive]: U2: Music
This limited edition collectible U2 Deluxe Edition boxset is handsomely constructed in a sturdy hardbound shell, measuring 5 3/4" (width) x 2 3/4" (spine width) x 5 7/16" (tall) and comes with the newly remastered and expanded 2 CD deluxe editions of the bands first three albums BOY, OCTOBER and WAR, plus room for a fourth (not included). Re-mastered from the original audio tapes, each deluxe includes a disc of b-sides, live tracks and rarities, and the packaging on all three titles has been restored and expanded, with new liner notes for each record, previously unseen photos and full lyrics.

This set also comes with a limited edition, exclusive 18'x24' full color replica poster from the bands beginnings, recreated just for this boxset.

There was a general thread on the new releases, but I didn't see anything about the Amazon.com exclusive box set.

I think I'm going to end up buying this since I'd like to have all of the remasters in their deluxe editions. Plus, I signed up for Amazon's Visa card, and haven't used the $30 credit yet. This might be a good time to do so...a box set for $30 is very tempting. :hmm:

I pre-ordered this one. Even with the shipping costs to the Netherlands it's way cheaper than buying over here. Hello cheap dollar! :)

It's a great deal if you're planning to get all three. Now the question is....do I want all three? :hmm:

There's a longer discussion of this box set in the Everything You Know Is Wrong forum under the "Red Rocks details...?" thread. FYI.

Apologies if this has already been answered,

but what's the difference between the Deluxe Editions of the re-masters and the Limited Collectors Editions that are being released in HMV (UK)?

Wow, I can't believe how anxious I am for these to drop next week. I figured I'd get them and just throw them in my collection, but I'm actually looking forward to sitting down with each of them and playing them through. Both discs, warts and all...:up:

What day are they hitting the shelves?????

and to answer your question Ellay the limited edition is either the t-shirt on HMV and on amazong there selling all of them in a box set with posters

alll out on the 21st (at least in the UK they are, not certain about elsewhere)
i did some rather scary calculations the other day about the costs of the re-releases:

CD 3 x £10 = £30
deluxe 3 x £21 = £63
vinyl 3 x £16 = £48
hmv tshirt packs 3 x £36 = £108
amazon box set 1 x $65 = £35

GRAND TOTAL: £284

I can't even begin to justify that to myself! That's one hell of a pay day for U2!

alll out on the 21st (at least in the UK they are, not certain about elsewhere)
i did some rather scary calculations the other day about the costs of the re-releases:

CD 3 x £10 = £30
deluxe 3 x £21 = £63
vinyl 3 x £16 = £48
hmv tshirt packs 3 x £36 = £108

GRAND TOTAL: £284

I can't even begin to justify that to myself! That's one hell of a pay day for U2!

Just go for this one:

That's what I'm doing. You got everything you need then in one nice package.
:)

Back
Top Bottom