All Remastered - Limited Editions Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anyone in Canada know the prices of the deluxe ones?

Try amazon.ca; they're selling for $32.49 -- big rip off. I preordered early enough to get them for $27, but try HMV the day they come out. They're delayed here, too. It says they're coming out July 29th, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come out the same time as Americans, since lots of stuff is made there. I don't mind the wait. I just don't want any mis-pressings or reversed artwork.

For Canadians;

Found the Deluxe editions on Futureshop.ca for $24.99/each

Future Shop

And $38.99 on Bestbuy.ca!?!?

Best Buy Canada

Both had release dates of 7/22...dunno if that changed with the recent packaging problems reported by Amazon.

Amazon set would be $63.99 + $8.00 shipping + Your packages may be subject to the customs fees and import duties of the country to which you have your order shipped.

...Free shipping is for USA only... :(

Future shop would be $85 including tax total and would not have to wait for delivery...but no cool box :(
Exactly my dilemma, but I'm ordering from amazon.ca, which doesn't have the cool box either. I hate those bloody import fees. They also charge us a handling fee of 5 to 8 bucks. Bastards.

You and your eyebrow.

CD's where I live are around $15 a piece, times 3 that's $45. I dont know, I guess I am reluctant to pay that much for mostly songs that I already have. How much better do they sound than the originals? That's what I'd like to know. I'm sure I'll cave and buy it, but I might just wait for the price to go down.

I'll tell you the biggest factor in pricing these things -- other than corporate greed -- is the packaging. Because it's 2 CDs, companies charge so much more -- disproportionately more. This happened to me with The Cure remasters, too. The single disc versions could often be discounted to as little as $10 ($8 in the case of "The Head on the Door"), but deluxe album packaging will ensure it never drops below $25 or so. That's the real problem with these things.

The email I recieved from U2.com said that the extra spot is for the UABRS remaster

I gotta get this box set, but I don't wanna pay so much for those tariffs and shipping. Also, I find I get CDs with scratches half the time and I like to be able to return stuff. I don't want to pay another tariff if there's a replacement order. It's such a hassle. Hopefully, some Canadian stores or amazon.ca will get it.

Hers is some pics of my remasters collection from yesterday

The vinyl arrived on Saturday (pics of these on my collectors thread on U2.com thanks Rich)

Im mullendrums btw:wink:

The standards & The Deluxes

DSCF0036.jpg

The HMV boxsets

DSCF0038.jpg

The Zavvi boxset - came with free badges also

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

The Hmv boxsets have misprints both to the Boy and October packaging.

October Packaging states free War shirt

And the Boy tracklisting is all wrong for the bonus cd.

Quality control must of been drunk lol

DSCF0072.jpg

I checked prices yesterday in the Netherlands: Free Record shop sold the special editions for 34,50 each. Which meant I had EUR 140 in my hands with just 4 double cd's (JT being the 4th). Glad I ordered them at Amazon! Btw I saw no misprints, but I only checked for the direction of the printing on the sides.

MediaMart Rotterdam was slightly cheaper and I expect other MediaMarts (Den Haag) to sell them for EUR 29,95. Not sure though yet.

Hers is some pics of my remasters collection from yesterday

The vinyl arrived on Saturday (pics of these on my collectors thread on U2.com thanks Rich)

Im mullendrums btw:wink:

The standards & The Deluxes

DSCF0036.jpg

The HMV boxsets

DSCF0038.jpg

The Zavvi boxset - came with free badges also

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

The Hmv boxsets have misprints both to the Boy and October packaging.

October Packaging states free War shirt

And the Boy tracklisting is all wrong for the bonus cd.

Quality control must of been drunk lol

DSCF0072.jpg

WANTS!!!:drool:

U2.com admit War Deluxe misprint

from u2.com

"War" deluxe format misprint

It has come to our attention that a quantity of "War" deluxe formats has been printed with an early version of the artwork which contains incorrect track listing and credits for the bonus CD.

The track listing for both CDs on the outer slipcase and on both discs is correct. The error only occurs inside the book. We would like to apologise for this mistake and hope that it does not spoil your enjoyment of the package.
These misprinted books will appear in Europe and some international territories. The USA deluxe formats contain the correctly printed books and are not affected.
You can download the correct tracklisting information in pdf format from here.

The correct track listing is as follows:

1. Endless Deep
2. Angels Too Tied To The Ground (Previously Unreleased Track)
3. New Year's Day (7" single edit)
4. New Year's Day (USA Remix)
5. New Year's Day (Ferry Corsten Extended Vocal Mix)
6. New Year's Day (Ferry Corsten Vocal Radio Mix)
7. Two Hearts Beat As One (Long Mix)
8. Two Hearts Beat As One (USA Remix)
9. Two Hearts Beat As One (Club Version)
10. Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete The Chop)
11. I Threw A Brick Through A Window/A Day Without Me (Live From Werchter)
12. Fire (Live From Werchter)

The hidden bonus track on BOY is creepy, but very cool. I got BOY at midnight at the Bullmoose Warehouse. Loved it. The Bonus disc is amazing. October is next for me. War will probably have to wait a while, no rush for that one.

SMB

Are the previously unreleased NYD remixes on War new (ie remixed in 2008), or were they done back in the day?

Picked up Boy & Ocotber on (180 Gram) LP. They had War but I'll wait. Both LP's are really nice. Can't wait to listen tonight while drinking a cold Shiner.

Are the previously unreleased NYD remixes on War new (ie remixed in 2008), or were they done back in the day?

I think that, apart from the Ferry Corsten remixes, they were done back in the days. As were also the THBAO remixes. Got those on vinyl somewhere.

You and your eyebrow.

CD's where I live are around $15 a piece, times 3 that's $45. I dont know, I guess I am reluctant to pay that much for mostly songs that I already have. How much better do they sound than the originals? That's what I'd like to know. I'm sure I'll cave and buy it, but I might just wait for the price to go down.

God, I wish cd's were that cheap where I live, here they are about 20 euro's, which is 32 dollars for one cd! I work in a record store and I wanted the remasters until I saw the price 39 euro's a PIECE, that is 61 dollars for one remaster...so glad I found this topic that mentioned the box on amazon...

I buy loads of cd's but hell, I'm happy if I can buy a new one at 20 dollars in some stores. (and these stores have the lowest prices you can find, they say, they're selling without profit and that it's not fair and blabla :angry:

what is the packaging on the double disc ? from this pic they look like they are in a box not a jewel case .

They are sort of a coated cardboard:huh: (ie. not flimsy) outer which the book slides into, the disc sleeves are attached to the book.

Sorry its not a very technical description:lol:

Picked up all three 2 disc sets today at Best Buy along with the new Nine Inch Nails and Black Sabbath/Dio box set. I think this is the first time in a year or so I've spent over $100 on cds in one day.

Very happy with the sound quality versus the old cds (and in "War's" case, the MFSL disc). Much brighter, more punchy and overall sounds like a aural fog has been lifted off my speakers. Kinda surprised to read in the notes that the so-called demo version of "Twilight" on the 2nd cd was taken directly off a vinyl single as the original tape is lost. Makes me wonder if some of the other pre-Boy tracks' original tapes are gone as well which points to why more weren't included.

Also, over the last couple months I read here and elseware about complaints about the overabundance of remixes and repetitive (older) live tracks especially on War. While I agree that on at least War, a few "War" tracks off one of several '83 radio broadcasts would have been more appropriate (especially instead of the numerous remixes), based on rumors that "Live at Red Rocks" cd/dvd is shaping up as a pretty comprehensive overview of U2's '83 tour far beyond just the Red Rocks show, I think we'll have more than enough examples from that tour on that upcoming release.

I am *really* looking forward to the eventual '09/'10 release of nice "Unforgettable Fire" and "Rattle and Hum" sets.

T.B.

HMV here in Canada said they arent getting the double disc sets till next week, for whatever reason. They had all the single discs on sale though.

Picked up WAR from Best Buy, the delux edition, they were sold out of Boy and October. Oh well.

I really like the packaging, it makes it more special.

Went to pick up the Deluxe sets at the Best Buy near me, and they were sold out of Boy and October...:ohmy:...Picked up War and then ran across town to buy the other two!! They're great, sound 100,000% better than the original discs...:love:

i too went to best buy and came up empty with boy and october. given the fact that i doubt there's that high of a demand of them vs. war, i think i can go ahead and say best buy merely didn't get any, or got VERY Few of each of those at each location.

The remasters are on Rhapsody, so I'll give them a listen and see if there's any great difference.

Target and Circuit City aren't carrying these in my area (SW Florida), but Best Buy's 19.99 price tag is probably the lowest anyways. I got all three! They do sound noticeably better than the original CDs to me. Just listen to the fade-in on "Gloria" You can actually hear Bono's vocals from the very beginning, and not 5 seconds in....:up:

Back
Top Bottom