All Remastered - Limited Editions Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I immediately had the same reaction, Rosebud.

There's something there that reminds me of Wave of Sorrow.

Weren't the vocals for that recorded and added later?
Could the vocals for Angels have been done at the same time?

hang on have some people got the discs already??:huh:

This Alt version of I Will Follow is cool! Total chaos in the "you're eyes make a circle" breakdown. This must be the "Steve Lillywhite Got Stoned And Went Nuts At The Board Mix" but I love it.

oooh digging the Common Ground remix of Tomorrow. Anyone know the history of this? Hasn't it been around but unreleased for some time?

oooh digging the Common Ground remix of Tomorrow. Anyone know the history of this? Hasn't it been around but unreleased for some time?

That version of Tomorrow was recorded for the V/A compilation Common Ground, which showcased Irish music. Strangely, that album also featured Neil Finn, Kate Bush and Elvis Costello... :huh: Anyway, it was released around 1994/1995.
I think it's mainly Bono and Adam on that track.

That version of Tomorrow was recorded for the V/A compilation Common Ground, which showcased Irish music. Strangely, that album also featured Neil Finn, Kate Bush and Elvis Costello... :huh: Anyway, it was released around 1994/1995.
I think it's mainly Bono and Adam on that track.

1996 actually.
I think the song has been around as or some might have named it Tomorrow '96 (version).

http://www.amazon.com/Common-Ground-Voices-Modern-Irish/dp/B000002U4V

Below some more info I found (on what appears to be the CD's official website):

http://www.emi-premier.co.uk/commonground/songs/bono/bono.html

Martijn, on this particular page you can read how it came about that Neil Finn, Kate Bush and Elvis Costello ended up on the album :

http://www.emi-premier.co.uk/commonground/notes/journey.html

More about Tomorrow can be found on u2wanderer.org (when it's up, 'cause it appears to be down at the moment).

Last edited:
These first three records are so cool. In the early eighties I listened to those records all day. "Surrender" and "Another time another place" were my favorites. I listened to the remastered versions on internet this morning and it is highschool all over again. Magic stuff.

I've listened to the October and War remasters today.
Am saving the Boy one for another time.

And personally I don't mind that there's so many versions of NYD on the War one.

I like u2.
But I also like dance music.
A combination of the two and there you have the Ferry Corsten mixes.
:heart: them!

Oh and I can't help but :lol: at who made the comment for the October remaster om Imeem.

:confused:

I just noticed on Amazon.co.uk that the UK version of War (Deluxe Version) has 2 (or rather, 3) extra tracks. At the end of the bonus disc it also includes I Threw A Brick Through A Window/A Day Without Me and Fire. If so, these are most likely the live tracks from Werchter 1982 as included on the New Year's Day single. Still, why then only on the UK version and not the others (as it isn't mentioned on Amazon.com)? Luckily, I have that CD-single, but for those who don't... :|

Here's the link to that Amazon.co.uk page BTW: Amazon.co.uk: War - Deluxe Remastered: U2: Music
Okay, that's unacceptable.

I'm guessing that the two extra b-sides on the War bonus disc will either be on the album in all countries, or they won't be there in ANY countries. In other words, either the amazon.uk/imeem listings are wrong, or the amazon.us listing is wrong. I don't think they'll pull the old "exclusive bonus track" trick for certain countries with these releases. We'll all be getting the same thing.

Listening to the War remaster on the streaming and right now I'd say they did a very good job on it even just going by the stream, so many more things are come through on Drowning Man, for example. :up:

What bitrate are those songs streaming at? That's gotta be the definition of irony: listening to meticulously remastered tracks compressed for streaming audio! Can't wait to hear the real thing.

What bitrate are those songs streaming at? That's gotta be the definition of irony: listening to meticulously remastered tracks compressed for streaming audio! Can't wait to hear the real thing.

I know...also find it funny these are sold on iTunes, for the same reason. But they actually do sound better even at these bitrates, at least War does.

Several US sellers, including Tower.com and cheap-cds.com, already have the deluxe sets in stock. Hopefully they'll start shipping soon! I wish someone could take a look at an actual physical copy of the War set and confirm whether or not the 2 extra tracks are on there!

I can't edit my previous post for some reason, but here's some interesting info:

1) Best Buy has lowered the price for each set to 19.99, which means if you buy all three you'll get them cheaper than the amazon boxed set price (but, of course, you don't get the box or the poster). This might also be a sign that the sets will be advertised at this price in the upcoming Sunday flier.
2)The Ideal Copy lists the War deluxe set with the two extra live tracks on disc 2, and it is also designated as the "US Release," so it's likely these tracks WILL be on the War set in all regions. Cool!
U2 - War [US 2CD]: The Ideal Copy

Listening to the War remaster on the streaming and right now I'd say they did a very good job on it even just going by the stream, so many more things are come through on Drowning Man, for example. :up:

I just turned this on. Don't know if I can tell any difference (bad ears, bad speakers) :wink:

Streaming of the remasters here:
IMEEM - what's on your playlist?

in australia there getting released on the 19th

JB are putting them out tomorrow.

55 is steep, but still worth it.

Saturday night is DEFINATELY better than Fire IMHO

I have to say I was thoroughly disappointed by Speed of Life being Instrumental. I was really looking forward to hearing it, probably more than anything.

Anyone else listen to Cartoon World and think it was 50 times the song that it was on the boots? Here's praying that at some point in the future, someone has a brain melt and decides to release the whole show from 26-2-80 so we can hear good live versions of all the old songs!

I wonder if the War disk will at Best Buy and Amazon will include the two live tracks ?
Amazon discription -Bonus CD includes b-sides, live tracks and rarities.

War and October are on sale at JB HiFi city stores right now. No Boy though.

The War disk does in fact include the bonus tracks I Threw A Brick Through A Window/A Day Without Me and Fire.

under a blood red sky remaster question

from nick,

the info is confusing, when is this being released and is the red rocks dvd a part of this, it should be 2 cds right, any info is appreciated

Back
Top Bottom