All Remastered - Limited Editions Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of 18Singles, I see that amazon.com is now selling it for the bargain basement price of $4.99. What a sad commentary on what a lame compilation that was!

It didn't sell a bunch initially because the market had been flooded by the two part Best Of series. It will be their best catalog seller from now until they come out with a definitive two (or three) disc set. Mark my words.

It's selling for such a low price because it's selling well enough to be marked for that price or there's a bunch of copies sitting around or because the band/label wanted a markdown before the new album is released in order to attract new fans.

Yeah, I saw that too Laz.

I was surprised by the complete lack of negativity. It seems they tried very hard to steer away from all of the typical anti-U2 potshots, as you put it.

Interesting. I think they also gave a similarly positive review of the Joshua Tree remaster didn't they?

Dare I say it, if this album lives up to the hype to some extent and is slightly better than the last, U2 could receive above a 7.0, a recommended listing, or even crazier, a Best New Music selection. :love:

Got woken up at 7am by the postie this morning who handed over my outer box for the re-issues from Zavvi.:huh::D

I thought it might have been flatpacked and flimsy but it's nice and solid. Written on the side is "U2: 1980 - 1983" and along the bottom "Collectors edition box to hold 4 deluxe albums - Boy, War, October and Under A Blood Red Sky" - pity that they couldn't get the albums in the correct order.:hmm:

Maybe we will get another box for 84 - 88 and another one for 91 - 97.

The HMV boxsets

DSCF0038.jpg

:drool:: I wanted the War or Boy one but i read that the shirts are quite large and as im a size 8 it would swamp me. Am not paying £35 for a 2shirt that doesn't fit. :no::lol:

:grumpy::sad:

I finally had the chance to listen to all 3 of them and they all sound great but I have to say that October is the one that blew me away. :ohmy: It took me by surprise just how good it sounds. I love that record anyway but I got goosebumps listening to I Fall Down.

Thank you U2 for doing this :heart:

Sorry if this question has already been covered but I havent got the time at the moment to go back through all the pages...

What is track 12 on the Boy remaster? After SATT, there's 15 seconds or something of bit of extra music/noise. I noticed it for the first time this morning and then checked the original Boy album and it's not on there.

What is the significance of this bonus piece of nothing??

Sorry if this question has already been covered but I havent got the time at the moment to go back through all the pages...

What is track 12 on the Boy remaster? After SATT, there's 15 seconds or something of bit of extra music/noise. I noticed it for the first time this morning and then checked the original Boy album and it's not on there.

What is the significance of this bonus piece of nothing??

This short instrumental piece (which later evolved into Fire) was also on the original Boy LP.

This short instrumental piece (which later evolved into Fire) was also on the original Boy LP.

Also, wasn't it only on the European Boy vinyl and cassette? I think it never was included on the American version. Please correct me if I'm wrong. (It's been awhile since I listened to them but I think it's only on my copy with the original cover, so most Americans never knew it existed). Hopefully I'm not making this up in my head. :reject:

It didn't sell a bunch initially because the market had been flooded by the two part Best Of series. It will be their best catalog seller from now until they come out with a definitive two (or three) disc set. Mark my words.

It's selling for such a low price because it's selling well enough to be marked for that price or there's a bunch of copies sitting around or because the band/label wanted a markdown before the new album is released in order to attract new fans.

Didn't sell a bunch? it was the 13th best selling album of 2006 worldwide, that's a bunch I'd say

Didn't sell a bunch? it was the 13th best selling album of 2006 worldwide, that's a bunch I'd say

Sorry, I was thinking in terms of US sales which were still good but nowhere near the pace of the previous compilations.

Ok , I broke down to listen to the remasters on IMEEM *I have no willpower* I wanted to wait till my box set arrived from Amazon .

WOW !!! I'm blown away , amazing job . :applaud:

I think Angels is going to be a new favorite of mine .

Sorry, I was thinking in terms of US sales which were still good but nowhere near the pace of the previous compilations.

Yes, it didn't sell well in the USA. That's why it's now 4.99 at amazon.com. They're practically giving it away!

angels tied to the ground, tomorrow(common ground mix), and wave of sorrow seem like they belong together. a trilogy of songs so to speak. they fit so well together. adams "vocals" on tomorrow is an amazing addition.

Agree :applaud:

I'm getting so fired up with this Ferry Corsten New Year's Day Mix :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::

after all these years of listening to boy/girl, i suddenly realized there's a of lines that go:

"I open doors so I can shut your face
Know your place"

i have to say i thought WAR was the cd i was looking to forward to listening to the most, but October has pleasantly.................................pleased me. i wonder how the War bonus disc has so little live material, and will TUF remaster have some nice live gems like october?

I was at the record store a few days ago and they had all the remasters on vinyl. They look pretty gorgeous, but Boy is probably the only one I'll get.

Back
Top Bottom