'Ahk-toong Bay-bi' Covered: Q magazine CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks like this is available on itunes now.

i think you gotta buy the whole album, and the proceeds go to some charity.

just thought you'd wanna know.

I agree with those that found the album slow and dreary. Most of it I can do without though I did like The Fray's cover.

I don't understand why anyone would strip all the sex appeal out of Mysterious Ways.

Just got an email from Live Nation that it has shipped, with a tracking number. Of course they took so long that I already picked up a copy when I was in London last weekend. :p

I got my Live Nation email yesterday and it says I should receive it about Dec. 1st. It's sitting in Durham, NC right now. :hmm:

I got an email from LN yesterday too..but it doesn't say when my copy should arrive.

Did you check the tracking? That's where it gives the estimated delivery date, sorry! Hit the tracking number in your LN email and it takes you to the UPS site with delivery info.

Did you check the tracking? That's where it gives the estimated delivery date, sorry! Hit the tracking number in your LN email and it takes you to the UPS site with delivery info.
BC, according to the email, the tracking link may take up to 24-48 hours to show shipping progress or the first scan..I'm still waiting for an estimated delivery date.

Here is an email I received about the iTunes charity version:

Dear Andrew,

Apologies for the random email – I thought you wouldn’t mind me making a suggestion for your blog.

I don't know if you've heard about it yet but a U2 covers album of 'Achtung Baby' was released this month - goes by the name of '(Ǎhk-to͝ong Bāy-Bi) Covered'.

Ahk-toong Bay-bi – A U2 Achtung Baby Cover Album - Blogs - Concern Worldwide

Proceeds from sales go to the humanitarian charity Concern Worldwide for the East Africa food crisis. (East Africa urban food crisis - An appeal from Concern Worldwide)

Is there any chance that you could write about it on Interference? It would be really great to raise some awareness for the cause – could even result in more donations or involvement. And, of course, it would be of interest to your readership too.

I’m doing a bit of work for them at the moment – trying to promote Concern appeals & projects online (hence the request).

It’s a real good cover album me reckons – Depeche Mode, Patti Smith & Nine Inch Nails have done versions of album tracks on here.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Laura

P.S – sorry if you have already written about this and I have missed it.

Laura Swain (@LauKSwain) on Twitter

Ultra violet through the cold winter

Hi Spaceman

Interested in what you say about the Killers cover of Ultra Violet. To be honest when i first heard it and a few times after that i thought what a ham fisted version. The last few days however (and this is what i love about music as well as life if i can stay open) i have been spun around by it. At the same time my partner who is not a huge u2 or killers fan per se has suddenly been drawn in and knocked out by it.
Something very beautiful, powerful and direct in that cover, i like the way they've changed the rythmm and accentuated the chorus towards the end for one but too much analysis would kill it, just very moved.
This album has always been one i love in the depths of british winter and this song seems especially relevant to me at the moment.

Got mine today. The freakin' mailman folded the cardboard package though to stuff it in the mailbox! Fortunatly, just a small crease in the cover of the magazine.

Hi Spaceman

Interested in what you say about the Killers cover of Ultra Violet. To be honest when i first heard it and a few times after that i thought what a ham fisted version. The last few days however (and this is what i love about music as well as life if i can stay open) i have been spun around by it. At the same time my partner who is not a huge u2 or killers fan per se has suddenly been drawn in and knocked out by it.
Something very beautiful, powerful and direct in that cover, i like the way they've changed the rythmm and accentuated the chorus towards the end for one but too much analysis would kill it, just very moved.
This album has always been one i love in the depths of british winter and this song seems especially relevant to me at the moment.

first time I heard it, I didn't like it. But i listened to it a few more times and it's probably my favorite cover on the album.

My favorite track on the album is probably the Even better remix still... think it's the best of all the remixes of that song.

Back
Top Bottom